- With the formation and recognition of employees organization the management cannot make unilateral decisions that affect employee relationships.
- Decisions relating to policies on employment, transfer ,promotion, training, adoption of latest technology, wages, lay off are no longer can be determined unilaterally by the management and employees unions has to be consulted.
- The railway federations are being consulted through the meetings of Permanent Negotiating Machinery (PNM) and Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) before a final decision is taken by the management on staff matters.
- The Railway federations have also conducted in the past a few strikes to press their demands which are not by consultations of which the most important was the Indian Railways Strike of 1974.
- At present two recognized Federations function at all India basis - All India Railwaymen’s Federation(AIRF) and National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) with affiliated unions at the Zonal Railways and Workshops. Besides some of the unions are recognized at the Zonla level like DREU - Dakshin Railway Employees Union, an affiliate of CITU (Center of Indian Trade Unions).
- History of Railway Trade unions doesn’t end with the so called ‘Recognized Unions’. So many unrecognized unions also function parallel to the federations like that of running staff (AILRSA - All India Loco Running Staff Association) , station master association (AISMA - All India Station Masters' Association). These associations have also contributed largely to shape the trade union movement in Indian Railways.
SIR RRB AJMER की बीकानेर
SIR RRB AJMER की बीकानेर डिवीजन मेँ TECHNICIAN POST के लिये मेरा नम्बर मेन लिस्ट मै आया था। उसके बाद बीकानेर डिवीजन मै ATTESTATION FORM के साथ मेरे मूल प्रमाण पत्र जमा हो गये है लेकिन SIR अब RRB ALLAHABAD मै ASSISTANT LOKO PILOT POST के लिये मेरा DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
sir we want
we want AISC/ST railway employees association facilities to office bearers.