- List of SC/ST communities are notified statewise.
- Caste is determined on the basis of as per the place of birth of forefathers and the benefit is given on the basis of certificate of District Magistrate/Thahsildar.
- Only Hindus and Sikhs have caste.
- Marriage does not change status.
- Percentage of reservation in Direct Recruitment and Promotions : SC - 15%, ST – 7.5%
- Reservation is made depending on number of posts in a cadre, not on vacancies.
- Post based rosters are prepared and number of points in this roster will be equal to number of posts in the cadre.
- Whenever there is direct recruitment element in any cadre there will be two separate rosters one for direct recruitment posts and another for promotion posts.
- The rosters will have no use after required percentage of reservation has been fulfilled.
- Thereafter each vacancy arise by promotion, retirement etc. will have to be filled up by the employee of the same community. This ensures quota reserved for a community is filled in by the candidate of same community.
- For single post cadre reservation will not apply.
Post based Roster for Promotion from Group C to Group B and within Group B
Following procedure may be followed:
- Vacant posts of Group A as on date of assessment of Group B posts may also be included in the Group B selection vacancies and reservation rosters may be expanded/contracted accordingly.
- While assessing vacancies for a selection period of 24 months vacancies due to arise in the next 6 months may also be included and rosters provided as such.
- A single roster may be operated and for each selection period assessed vacancies maybe divided in 70:30 for selection and LDCE and reservation provided proportionately in the two streams.
- For ad-hoc promotions to Senior scale point based Reservation may be provided with respect to number of Senior Scale posts filled on ad-hoc basis.
Downgrading & Dereservation
- Where it is not possible to fill up a reserved point on roster by a candidate of resrved community post maybe dereserved in the interest of safety/production by General Manager/ Railway Board.
- Post maybe filled by a suitable candidate of other community. If a suitable candidate of other community is not also available this will remain as a vacancy and treated as backlog in the subsequent year.
- As per Point based roster Reservation will not be treated as lapse and filled by unreserved candidate.
- Temporary downgradation to lower post maybe considered when recruitment is not possible due to non-availability of SC/ST candidate.
- This temporary downgradation will be counted against cadre strength of higher grade posts to be restored when suitable candidate become available.
- In case of direct recruitment if suitable candidate of the community is not available it will not be filled by candidate of other community. Vacancy will be carried forward to subsequent year and treated as backlog.
- Backlog will be separate unit and won’t be clubbed with current year vacancy.
- SC/ST candidate promoted on their own merit without availing relaxations will be shown against unreserved posts. Such candidate shall be adjusted against unreserved points. He will retain SC/ST status and will be eligible to get benefit of reservation in future promotions.
Concessions to SC/ST candidates
- Reservation of posts for SC/ST candidate in Direct recruitment and promotion.
- Application Fee at concessional rate.
- Relaxation in maximum age for recruitment.
- Free passes to appear for exam/interview.
- Relaxation in qualification in certain cases.
- Pre-promotional training course for SC/ST candidates who appear for departmental selection exams for promotion.
- Relaxation in qualifying marks in promotion for SC/ST candidates.
- An SC/ST member in all selection Boards.
- 10% vacant quarters I reserved for SC/ST employees.
- If quarters cannot be given posting near to station may be considered as far as possible.
- Separate grievance register for SC/ST Railway employees.
- Preference in admission in Railway schools/institutions for wards of SC/ST employees.
Facilities to All India SC/ST Association
- Maximum 2 informal meetings in a year.
- Supply of circulars on reservation rules and Establishment and other relevant rules.
- Two First Class/ AC Sleeper card passes to President /General Secretary at Central/Zonal levels.
- Stay facilities as per eligibility on payment of prescribed charges.
- Suitable office accommodation at Railway Board/Zonal/Divisional levels and also minimum furniture, fans through local surplus.
- Special Casual Leave and Special passes to not more than 20 office bearers to attend informal meeting at Divisional/Workshop level.
- Telephone facility to President/Working president and General Secretary at Board and Zone levels with zonal STD facility.
Other Backward Communities
- 27% of posts are reserved in case of direct recruitment by RRBs and no reservation in promotion.
- 3 years age relaxation is given for recruitment.
There is an instruction that
There is an instruction that sc/st should be posted where there is quarters. If it is not possible they should be given posting near their native.
Sir ji,act.apprentice group-d
Sir ji,act.apprentice group-d permoted in grade-3.kya inka mutual rrb se direct bharti grade-3 se ho sakta hai.
Apko tech3 ka minimum
Apko tech3 ka minimum qualification he to mil jayega. Nahi to nahi.
Sir, main 10th pass hu kya
Sir, main 10th pass hu kya mai railway main apply kar sakta hu ? Pleas jankari dijiye...
Ticket Collector, CC post ko
Ticket Collector, CC post ko apply karo. RRB website ya employment news mem uska advertisement ayega.
sir please selec me indian
sir please selec me indian Railway
sir I am doing B.com final
sir I am doing B.com final year ..
Is there any job for me in Railway ..??
Once you finish your B.Com
Once you finish your B.Com you can apply for Graduate level categories like ASM, ECRC etc.
sir i am selected for j.e
sir i am selected for j.e telecom in st community, so would i get some benefit regarding posting preference and quarter allotment and also mutual transfer? pls tell.
Respected Sir I have
I have completed mechanical engineering ,But my age is 32 ,Can u please tell me is there any possibilty to get railway jobs and also belongs to sc community
You can apply for JE/SE in
You can apply for JE/SE in Mechanical when RRB call for these vacancies. If you prepare well for exam you can get.
Deai sir, i am job requste Tc
i am job requste Tc ticket collecter sir
hii sir i am ganesh i am passed 12th sir my inyer parcenteage
80% i am intersted tc job plz accepted i am requested sir
For Railway Job you have to
For Railway Job you have to appear Railway Recruitment Board exam whenever they call for vacancies. In the meantime prepare for the exam.
R/Sir, Under the heading
Under the heading Concessions for SC/ST employees it is mentioned in subheading 'Relaxation in qualification in certain cases.' What does 'certain cases' mean? Does it refer to relaxation even after appointment by RRB/RRC?
In promotional cases where
In promotional cases where minimu qualification is prescribed there will be no relaxation. But qualifying exams like those in Training institutes will have mark concession for SC/ST(except Safety Categories.
sir, i got railway job by
i got railway job by larsgess scheme recently recruited as trac man what is promotion period for larsgess scheme employees and how to get to promotions and shall we change department
what is promotions rules of larsgess scheme employees
i completed post graduation and i am sc candidate
Promotion rules are same
Promotion rules are same irrespective of mode of recruitment. You can write departmental exams for promotion. See in Promotion section in this site.. Change of cadre is not permitted.
sir what is larsgess scheme!!
sir what is larsgess scheme!!
See here : https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/liberalised-active-retirement-scheme-guaranteed-employment-safety-staff-largess
my date of birth 01-01-1978
my date of birth 01-01-1978 and i m graduate IT. i m unemploye . if any job for me in railway .
You can apply for graduate
You can apply for graduate level posts like ASM, Traffic/Commercial Apprentice etc. Wait for RRB call.
dear sir' iam passed inter 69% in mpc group how io apply the group d...plz tell me sir
Whenever Railway Recruitment
Whenever Railway Recruitment Cell call for application apply. Now REC Chennai has called for application for Southern Railway and ICF.
Hi evrybuddy.... a warm gud
Hi evrybuddy.... a warm gud morng to u all... actually i have cleared the written xam of alp and called for aptitude test in kolkata . i wanna know dat how much ques one should attempt to b select
ed... and wat's happen if we darken wrong answer... waiting for elaborated reply
sir, I have recently
I have recently joined railway as trackman in group d , my age is 41 yrs of age . can I apply for department change as age for the same has been reduced from 45 to 40 yrs. so it it possible me or not. please advice me.
Thanking u sir
Sir, i'm doing iti in
i'm doing iti in banikark (jaipur) i'm fill rlwy form in this tym. I try complete to make passed rlwy exam. If i didn't then u help me plz......
Unfortunately you have to
Unfortunately you have to pass the exam on your own my dear freind. Nobody else can help you
sir i have done MTM.so please
sir i have done MTM.so please give me the suggestion..for good job
What is MTM?
What is MTM?
sir i am a student at b.a and
sir i am a student at b.a and my cast is o.b.c kya mai apply kar sakta hu rrb
Of course you can apply for
Of course you can apply for all RRB exams where qualification needed is Degree like Asst Station Master, Reservation Clerk..................
SIR I APPLY FOR RRB CAN I GET
SIR I APPLY FOR RRB CAN I GET OPPUTUNITY SOON INTO RAILWAY
RRB regularly issues
RRB regularly issues notifications. Apply for posts for which you have qualification required.
i belong to sc category .i
i belong to sc category .i want to reqest transfer in spouseground.is there any got benifits in transfer.
When spouse is government
When spouse is government employee preference will be given .
dear sir. iam sunilkumar
dear sir. iam sunilkumar maurya i obc.sir my and my family is a very poor sir pls silicted in indian railay my age 19 years hai iam a 10th pass in cbse bord in delhi from rpgbsss rihhala delhi 110086
Dear Sunil Kumar, To get
Dear Sunil Kumar,
To get Railway job you have to apply to RRB (Group C job) or RRC (Group D) whenever they call for vacancies. Consult frequently websites of RRB/RRC. OBC have also reservation in Railway jobs.
In the meantime prepare well with the help of some books for Railway Recruitment preparation.
what are the sc relaxation in
what are the sc relaxation in LDCE exam of J.E. in service year
There is no relaxation in
There is no relaxation in service conditions.
Hi...this is Devendra Naik.S
Hi...this is Devendra Naik.S from Karnataka Sc candidate, i have lot of interesting to doing job in Railway.that's why i want job.
Railways need people who are
Railways need people who are interested to do job with Railways. So I really hope you will get the job. Prepare well for RRB exams and apply when RRB call for vacancies. Good Luck!!!!!!
Unfortunately people lose their interest in jobs once they get the job. If you go quickly through the comments on this site you will see that.
sir , i am retired railway
i am retired railway employee (group d) how much DA percentage expect for retired employee
DA is presently 72%
DA is presently 72%
Dear Sir/Madam, Pls confirm
Pls confirm that,can apply in RRB for all the states at one time, or confirm that is there any negative marking in RRB exams.............and which books are beneficial for preparation of RRB......
Sir I am a JE (SC) there is
Sir I am a JE (SC) there is a vacancy for sse and total post 41 out of 28 is general,7 SC and 6 ST.now out of 28 general post there is 5 SC and 2ST candidate as their seniority list. our administration treat they as a reserve post .
So kindly help me what is actual procedure and what shall i need to do ?and where i get railway board order no for this purpose
"SC/ST candidates appointed
"SC/ST candidates appointed by promotion on their own merit and seniority and not owing to reservation or relaxation of qualifications will be adjusted against unreserved points of reservation roster" ( https://indianrailwayemployee.com/circular/reservation-promotion-case-sc-st-candidates-promoted-their-own-merit )
See this article also: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/reservation-railway-jobs-scstobc
Sir, RRB KOLKATA AND
RRB KOLKATA AND MALDA KA CEN. NOTIFICATION 05/2010 FOR JE (Cat. 48 & 62 ) ka cut off kitna gaya tha?
Cen. no 01/2012 ka exam(09/09/2012) RRB,KOLKATA se diyen hain cat no.31 ka , 85 mark aane ka sure hain,koi chance hai kya sir, belongs to OBC?
Transfer on spouse
Transfer on spouse ground
Sir , My wife is a state gov.school teacher and i applied for transfer on spouse ground but unfortunately
CME write a note that due to shortage of manpower he could not be release.Now i would like to know is there any rule which help me to overcome this situation please help me
See this circular:
See this circular: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/circular/posting-husband-and-wife-same…
But see that it is not binding on the administration as it says only " as far possible " or " efforts should be made".
As per the Government