Guidelines to follow when both spouses are Railway employees
- Where both the spouses are railway employees and belong to the same seniority units: They should invariably be posted together in order to enable them to lead a normal family life and look after the welfare of their children. Both the railway servants may be posted at the same station /place ensuring that one of them does not work as subordinate to the other.
- Where both the spouses are railway servants but belong to different seniority units: Efforts may be made to post both the railway servants at the station where posts at appropriate level exist in the respective seniority units failing which requests for change of the category may be considered sympathetically keeping in view all other relevant rules in the matter.
- Where one of the spouses is a railway servant and the other belongs to All India Service or another Central Service: The Railway servant should be posted at station/place in the Railway /Division/PU in whose territorial jurisdiction the place /state of posting of his/her spouse falls or as close to it as possible if there is no Railway Organisation /post at the place/state of posting of the spouse.
- Where one of the spouses is a railway servant and the other belongs to a State Service: The Railway servant should be posted at the station/place in the Railway /Division/PU in whose territorial jurisdiction the place /state of posting of his/her spouse falls. If it is not possible, if a request from the railway servant to the Controlling Authority of the spouse for his /her posting at the place of posting of the railway servant is received the same may be forwarded to the concerned authority for sympathetic consideration.
- Where one of the spouses is a railway servant [ All India Service] and the other is working in a Central/State/Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body/Private Sector: The Railway servant may apply to the controlling Authority for a posting at the place of posting of his/her spouse which may be considered favourably by the competent authority. If no post is available for posting of the railway servant at the place of posting of the spouse he/she may be posted to a place closer to the place of posting of the spouse. If this also is not possible application from the railway servant for posting of the spouse who is working in the Central/State/Public Sector Undertaking may be forwarded to the controlling authority of the spouse for his / her posting at or near the place of the railway servant.
- In all cases the cadre controlling authority should strive to post the employee at the station of spouse as far as possible. In case of inability to do so for some specific reasons, this may be communicated to the employee.
- The complaints against non-adherence to these instructions should be decided by the authorities at least one level above the authorities which took the original. All such representations should be considered and disposed off in a time bound manner.
- While all efforts may be made to post the husband and wife at the same station, instructions issued by the Board from time to time in regard to request transfer/Change of category should be followed in all such cases.
- A separate register may be maintained at each Divisional and Zonal headquarters of the Railways for registering requests for transfers from railway servants for posting at the place of posting of their spouses, which may be reviewed from time to time, by competent authority.
**Railway Board’s ltr. No. E[NG]I-2009/TR/29 dated 02.02.2010 [RBE No.23/10]PC-VI185
sir am working at divisional
sir am working at divisional railway hospital at asansol as STAFF NURSE,my working working at central govt at chennai..and appointed NOV 2012.,can i apply for one way transfer to chennai or bangalore on spouse ground,.and idnt want at mutual because its not no candidate is ready.,.pls help by suggesting..thanks,.
Yes, you can apply on spouse
Yes, you can apply on spouse grounds. When you give request just mention about the fact of your husband working in such and such department and get a certificate from his office to that effect.
where shall i get application
where shall i get application for applying transfer ? in office iaskd they are not ready to help? and appointed on 2012 joined duty on nov 1st ? am i eligible/ and am comes under ST category any rule over that / pls help.pls help in details i wil be thankful to you.
See here for Application
See here for Application forms: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/forums
There are no rules seperate for ST if you apply own request transfer, but if you apply mutual you can apply only with ST.
thanks sir liitl detail
thanks sir liitl detail pls..
sir if i apply on spouse
sir if i apply on spouse ground how many it will take to get transfer??? i appointed on nov 1st 2012?rply pls??
No time limit given. Read the
No time limit given. Read the article above. It says efforts shall be made to post both at the same place. This means that it is not binding on the administration.
SIR ON SPOUSE GROUND HOW MUCH
SIR ON SPOUSE GROUND HOW MUCH /HOW MANY DAYS TAKE TO TRANSFER?? IF EFFORTS MADE MEANS IF VACCANCY AVAILABLE AT THAT PLC SHALL THEY CONSIDER IF NOT MEANS SHALL I MOVE TO CAT OR COURT??PLS REPLY SIR
There are no time limit given
There are no time limit given for transfer on spouse ground.
You can move CAT if you like. But for administration the instructions say that that it is not compulsory to give transfer, only priority will be given.can give sufficient
SIR WHERE SHALL I GET
SIR WHERE SHALL I GET APPLICATION FORM FOR THE ONE WAY TRANSFER OR SPOUSE GROUND BASIS TRANSFER PLS HELP???
There are no seperate forms
There are no seperate forms for this. You can use the general form with an accompanying letter explaining the situation.
I m working as ASM in
I m working as ASM in Dhanbad. My husband is working as chief controller in Howrah division.. What is the procedure to get transfer in Howrah division?
Hello sir about me your
Hello sir about me your transfer status..I am same matter on spouse ground. PH 8135037169
Spouse Ground transfer there
Spouse Ground transfer there is any time limitations new circular R.B
Most Respected sir,
I am helper..Lumding Division, N.f.Rly.My wife working SDAH Division ,E.Rly(same deptt.).I was applied inter railway transfer on spouse ground on 21.08.15.Now Rly Boards new circular no.E(O)III/2014/PL/05 dated 31.08.15 there are para no.xi and xvi are confused on spouse ground transfer time limitations.
Sir Plz about me there is any time limitations on spouse ground transfer inter railway. as per new circular.
Sir I AM Assistant Loco…
Sir I AM Assistant Loco pilot in sec railway and my wife working in union bank of India at my home town bihar any transfer rules to get transfer at ECR RAILWAY any Loby at my home town bihar give me full details sir plss and which forum I will be submitted in spouse ground plss help me and also contact at this no 9386869372 please sir...
There is circular saying…
There is circular saying transfer on spouse ground should get priority.
Where is the circular sir…
Where is the circular sir please suggest me hole thing I am so confused sir...
Here the circular:
Sir previously I was working…
Sir previously I was working as JE in Bokaro & on mutual transfer I am presently working as JE in MEMU car shed, Kharagpur & my wife working as Jr.clerk under Govt.of Odisha. Now I am applying for transfer on spouse ground. But my office won't forward my application as I am recently done the mutual transfer. where as the gap of my mutual transfer to apply for on request is more than six month. Is there any rule sir..Please clarify me
Sir, I have applied railway…
Sir,I am a Station Master at adra divsion. I have applied railway transfer on January 2017 from Adra to HWH. Adra forwarded to zonal office 15 Sept 2017. Zonal office forwarded it to EASTERN Railway 15 th January 2018 to ask whether I will accommodate at HWH or not. No response received from EASTERN railway till date. I have also applied for station change with in Adra division on spouse ground which is nearer from my home town. As per basis of application submition, I am senior most. But now my authority posted another person who is junior. Is there any rule that I am not eligible for station change due to I have applied for Railway change? Please inform me.
I'm completed Bsc chemistry and 2 year diploma course in Helath inspector.is there any vacancy in health and malaria inspector in RRB?
sir i am posted at ecr/hjp…
sir i am posted at ecr/hjp and my husband posted at ser/dls /bndm.he submitted his transfer application on basis of spouse ground from ser/dls/bndm to ecr /hjp but his sr.dme not forwarded his application for further action .sir kindly give us guidance how we process our application further.
Is there any seniority…
Is there any seniority loose on spouse ground transfer ? Have any circular about this send me link.
SIR, I AM TRACKMAN POSTING…
SIR, I AM TRACKMAN POSTING IN HOWRAH DIVISION OF EASTERN RAILWAY.MY WIFE IS EMPLOYEE OF PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK AT KHARAGPUR IN WEST BENGAL.CAN I APPLY FOR TRANSFER IN SPOUSE GROUND FOR POSTING IN KHARAGPUR STATION...PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS REGARDS