- Passes and PTOs are not transferable and should be used only by the person in whose favour they have been issued.
- Passes may also be returned within one month of the expiry of the pass or its utilization whichever is earlier.
- Fine of Rs. 10/- for second class and Rs.25/- for First Class passes may be imposed on the Railway employees for not filling the date of commencement of the journey on both privilege and duty passes.
- For the issuance of pass a year means a Calendar year.
Validity of passes/PTOs
|Single Journey Pass||4 months from date of issue|
|Return Journey Pass||4 months from date of issue|
|Single Journey PTO||4 months from date of issue|
|Return Journey PTO||4 months from date of issue|
|Settlement Pass||1 year from date of Retirement|
|Kit Wagon Pass||1 month from issue|
Ref : RBE 82/2008 dated 10.07.2008
Pass shall normally be issued via shortest route, provided that a longer route may be permitted on the Privilege Pass in the following circumstances :-
- Two alternative routes are available for a destination, for example - Bombay to Calcutta via Nagpur or via Allahabad and Bombay to Delhi by the Central Railway or by the Western Railway - such passes may be permitted by either route irrespective of the distance involved;
- If longer route preferred by the Railway employee does not exceed by fifteen percent of the distance via the direct route such passes may be issued even if a double journey over a small portion is involved (for example - ex-Chittaranjan to Kancharapara via Howrah or ex-Lucknow to a station on the Southern/South Central Railway via Bombay V.T.), provided the distance does not exceed the distance via the shortest route by more than 15% to take advantage of terminal facilities as in Bombay V.T. - Kalyan or Madras-Arkonam sections;
- If the longer route is quicker than the direct route irrespective of distance involved.
Against the column Route/via it can be written as 'available over IR & KRC
- Pass holder can include any number of stations for break journey in the pass.
- In addition an unscheduled break journey can be made and endorsed by SM/TC on the pass.
Year ending passes
- Passes, PTOs , Post Retirement Complimentary passes, Widow passes as due on for the year can be issued upto 31st March of next year half set pass and 30 April in case of full set.
- Validity of these passes/PTOs will be upto 31 MArch/30 April only.
Pass in next year’s account
- One set of Pass/PTO/Complimentary Pass/Widow pass not more than 100 days in advance of beginning of the next year, for journeys commencing in the next year duly debiting such issue of pass/PTO in the next year’s pass account.
- The validity of the pass shall be four months from the date of issue. *
- Passes as for Railway employees shall be applicable to various categories of trainees and apprentices, but not to their families.
1 Railway Board’s letter No. E(W)2010/PS5-17/l dated 3-6-2011(RBE No: 80/2011)
He is eligible.
He is eligible.
Respected Sir, I have a
I have a Return pass. Is there anyway I can book tickets using my pass instead of going to the ticket counter and manually booking the tickets?
For the moment there is no
For the moment there is no other way - until they allow online booking on pass.
what is the rules/duty of a
what is the rules/duty of a dutypass holder travelling in a express train and a passenger is standing infront of him?
No specific rules are
No specific rules are prescribed in such a situation. If the pass holder has a reserved seat he is entitled to sit.
Respected Sir / Madam , I
Respected Sir / Madam ,
I have joined as apprentice Section Engineer in Nagpur Division. I want the information about our rights like Leave(Which Type & How many we gets), Pass/PTO, ID Cards.
Leave Rules: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/leave-rules
Pass / PTO rules : https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/pass-rules
I am track man at chennai I
I am track man at chennai I am done my rest day duty that C.R. is how many month ya Days valied and how many C.R. Taken in one time please Tell me C.R. Rule
Tell me sir C.R. And C.L.
Tell me sir C.R. And C.L. leave Rule plz
There are no rules to say
There are no rules to say that CR should be availed in how many months or how many you can avail at a time. That means there are no limits for these.
Dear Sir, My father's date of
My father's date of apportionment is 17/08/1983 of North central railway, Allahabad and date of Compulsory retirement is 07/01/1997. Since the date, my father is not getting "post retirement railway passes". please provide me some information, how will my father get the post retirement passes and how many number of passes he will get?
Post retirement railway
Post retirement railway pass in case of Compulsory retirement depends on the orders of CR. What the order says about the admissibility of pensionary benefits??
yes, my father is getting
yes, my father is getting pension benefit of Rs. 3500/=+DA. so, in this case is my father eligible to get post retirement passes? in which department of N.C Rly., Allahabad we should contact to get this soon?
Post retirement passes are
Post retirement passes are issued based on the number of years of Railway service. See here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/post-retirement-complimentary-…
The employee is eligible all
The employee is eligible all terminal benefits as if he is retired from service which applies even to compulsory retired staff also. Excepting loosing the reminder of service, no other benefits can the employer with held. Please contact welfare Inspector concerned immediately for know the benefits.
R/sir, My father is working
My father is working in S.E.C. rly at bilaspur and he is a group d staff.. can i get job in behalf of my father if he take V.R. remaining his duty to be 5 years
See this post
See this post : https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/liberalised-active-retirement-scheme-guaranteed-employment-safety-staff-largess
If your father is eligible under the scheme you can apply.
normally no compassionate
normally no compassionate ground is permissible when an earning member of the family is available. Compassionate appt. is permissible as per rules only to the breadwinners when an unfortunate death of Railway employee visits him/her.
sir now i am getting first
now i am getting first class pass as my GP is 4200.what will be my eligibility for pass if i have gone on mutual transfer in lower grade of GP 1900?
New pass Rules is entirely
New pass Rules is entirely based on GP. As such you will get pass based new GP. That is one 3AC pass and two second class pass.
Sir an woman employee joined
Sir an woman employee joined on compassionate grounds due to her husband expired in service. they have one child. after 03 years she had another child without getting remarried. How this case will be treated reg all kinds of leaves,privileges,medical facilities,pass etc?
The child will have all
The child will have all benefits as the child of a railway employee as nowhere it is mentioned about the marital status of employee.
Sir If i lost my pass after
If i lost my pass after reservation but not travelled yet or not yet reserved what shall i do?
If you lost the pass you have
If you lost the pass you have to inform the pass issuing authority and pay the required fee. But there is no provision of duplicate issue of pass.
sir I am working at Raigarh
I am working at Raigarh in Bilaspur division. we have only one direct train to Visakhapatnam which runs in a long route.also it will take more time when compared to short route in which i have to change the train. may i get the pass in the route of that direct train?
If long route is not greater
If long route is not greater than short route plus 15% it is permitted.
I am a railway reservation
I am a railway reservation staff. I want to clarify the following
1. I class pass holder wants to take attender in PTO - what class should the holder travel.
2. Privilege Pass from Chennai to Trichy via MV, TJ - weather reservation can be done for direct train Rock fort Exp. to TJ which goes via Trichy.
3. weather ticket can be issued to destination by longer route when the schedule train is going by a longer route - more than 15 % for the normal short route.
first class pass holder can
first class pass holder can take attendent in pto when employer travels in higher class(1a,2a,fc) and attendent in sleeper class.
secondly if train is going on longer route to a destination beyond 15% u can give reservation upto the destination not giving any break journey.
e.g. andman express goes from cape -jat via mas, bza, ndls much longr then konkan railway route so u can book tkt ex cape-jat
any pass taken on any route with specific via point then u cant calculate 15 % and give reservation . reservation should be done according to via points of pass.
i am working as senior
i am working as senior section engineer at Diesel loco shed Guntakal, Date of appointment 25/10/2007. please inform me that is it possible to include my widow mother as dependent, my father is expired while working as Head Postmaster i.e. Dept of posts my mother is getting widow pension. is there is any pensionary income limit to include in my privillege pass? please inform me at the earliest.
IF her pension exceeds Rs.
IF her pension exceeds Rs. 3500 + DA(72% at present ) she cant be included in the pass.
Dear sir, is it possible to
Dear sir, is it possible to add as dependent in family declaration?
She can be added as dependent
She can be added as dependent only if her pension does not exceeds Rs. 3500 + DA(72% at present ).
IF her pension exceeds Rs.
IF her pension exceeds Rs. 3500 + DA (72% at present ) she cant be included in the pass.
15% of Last Basic Basic pay of Ex-employee, which ever is more.
How many Complimentary Passes
How many Complimentary Passes are eligible to an employee who has completed 24 yrs service? Do we give weightage of 5 yrs for calulating years of service for retirement purpose?
One set only. 5 years
One set only. 5 years weightage is not given after 6th Pay commission.
Hi,I want to know how much
Hi,I want to know how much percent of tickets were reserved for duty pass for railway employees and how to get a confirm seats using duty pass and iam in 4600 grade pay whether am i eligible for for ac class?
There is no quota for pass
There is no quota for pass holders in trains(except Rajadhani/Shatabdi) whether it is duty pass or Privilage). They have to book in the general quota only.
Sir please tell me that if i
Sir please tell me that if i am working as App JE(Drg) then which type and how many pass/PTOs , i am eligible for?
First class or Second Class?
Sir, I want to issue my
I want to issue my last set of privilege pass of 2012 on 21st December,2012. What will its last date of validity? Please advise.
Validity will be upto 20 - 5
Validity will be upto 20 - 5 - 2013
सर, 1स्ट क्लास पिविलेज पास पर
1स्ट क्लास पिविलेज पास पर जो अटेंडंट मिलता है ऊस पर किस को साथ ले जा सकते है
Only your paid servant.
Only your paid servant.
सर, क्या ये सच है कि अगर आपका
क्या ये सच है कि अगर आपका पास 2nd class sleeper privilage pass हो और मूझे AC 3 tier राजधानी में सफर करना है तो में AC 3tier ticket-sleeper class ticket=जो
extra fare बचेगा ऊसे देकर मै क्या राजधानी में बैठ सकता हूँ ?, और अगर राजधानी नही तो में कीसी अन्य गाडी में ऐसा कर सकता हूँ क्या ?
Sir, I am a trainee tech.
Sir, I am a trainee tech. gr.III in s.e.rly.santragachi. My training exam has been completed, but posting hadn't. So sir ,am i able to get PTO?
thanking you Sir.
yes bro ur eligible for pto
yes bro ur eligible for pto passes
Kya gr-D staff first 5year ke
Kya gr-D staff first 5year ke Vtar IIclass(A) pass avil kar sakta he. Jiska grd pay 1800 he?
Yes. He is eligible for one
Yes. He is eligible for one set of II A pass.
are trainees eligible for
are trainees eligible for pto's.
No, not eligible.
No, not eligible.
yes...trainees are eligible
yes...trainees are eligible to avail PTO's