- The post of a Railway Staff on medical decategorization should not be dispensed with or reduced in rank, but to be shifted to some other post with same pay scale and service benefits.
- Medically decategorized Railway staff shall cease to perform duties of the post held. If the employee cannot be adjusted against or absorbed in suitable alternate post immediately, he may be kept on a special supernumerary post in his own regular grade pending suitable alternate employment.
- Absorption - Medically decategorized Railway employee should be absorbed in the same department in the first instance, otherwise in other wings of the same department in posts carrying appropriate lower medical classification. When it is not possible to do so, he should be considered for absorption in other departments.
- No option is available to a medically decategorized employee to decline alternate employment. In case of declining payment of salary against supernumerary post will be discontinued.
- Fixation of Pay - Pay of decategorized/disabled Railway employee will be fixed on absorption at a stage corresponding to the pay previously drawn in the post held earlier. For running staff pay element of Running running allowance will be taken into account also.
- Benefit of past service - Will be allowed for all purpose and it will be treated as continuous with that in the alternate post.
- Seniority - Pay of decategorised/disabled Railway employee will be fixed on absorption at a stage corresponding to the pay previously drawn in the post held earlier. For running staff pay element of Running allowance will be taken into account also –Pay will be fixed taking 30% of basic pay (pay in Pay Band + Grade Pay) rounded off to the next multiple of 10 and adding it to pay in the Pay Band. There will be no change in the Grade Pay of substantive post, in alternative post. (Ref 1)
- Request of the employee refusing alternate post in the same grade involving transfer or for absorption in lower post can be agreed.
- Employees with less than 20 years of service opting to quit Railways can be settled.
- Even if the Railway employee is engaged on a lower post for want of an equivalent post he will be treated as super numerary till an equivalent post is available.
- With effect from 29.04.1999 if the employee opt for retirement request for appointment on Compassionate grounds to an eligible ward/ spouse may be considered provided he had 5 more years to serve and GM is satisfied about financial and other implications.
1. Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)-I/2008/RE-3/4 dated 30.04.2013(RBE No. 41/2013)
my father is serving in dehrdoon as electric fitter gradeIII bt around 6 months he is on sick due to paralises problem he is patient of brain hamredge.so sir can my father take retirement and we should get would get job on behalf oh him please help as soosn as possible thank you
If Railway doctor declare him
If Railway doctor declare him unfit for all job he can give retirement and you can get job.
Dear sir, Earlier in V pay
Earlier in V pay commission if running staff medically decategorised then he will posted next scale i.e 5000-8000 (RSRP) will be posted in 5500-9000(RSRP0 so on. please what will come as per VI pay commission
My request is if running staff i.e. Loco Pilot (Pass) with grade pay 4200/- is medically decategorised then in which grade he posted as per extent rules
Replies moved here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/forum/medically-decategorised-running-staff
See here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/forum/medically-decategorised-running-staff
Dear Sir, Which posts are
Which posts are coming in train working or train passing duty staff.
All categories of Operating
All categories of Operating department like station masters , running staff like Locomotives pilots.
Post further queries in
Post further queries in forums : https://indianrailwayemployee.com/forum
Dear sir :…
Dear sir :
If a running staff medically decategorised then what will be his pay of after fixation according to 7CPC, is there any rule of personal pay in 7CPC? If his basic pay fixed by adding 30% pay element and whatever amount comes, if it is between 2 cells in pay matrix of 7CPC i.e 65650(it is between 64100 and 66000) of 4200 GP in Level 06. Then what is his actual basic pay?
I'm also facing same problem. recently one letter was issued by rly board RBE: 171/2019. You can download online.
dear, sir my father working is SE(pway) DIG: CHOWKIDAR at a medical board at railway hospital on 12-01-2018, declares that he is not eligible for rail service(Unfit for railway service). Let us know it. And sent it to the letter / SR, DPO office. The SR, DPO office has forword the DEN (c) office and SR DEN forword to SE (pway) but has not given us any news or has not given any patty copy till today. we have not been able to get
enough with out payment for tha last tow years .What are we now?please it will be beneficial to intervene ...(8350019263)
oct 2017 mai ek list nikli jismai 80% alp ko 2400 grade dene ki baat kahi jis din se 2 saal poore ho jayenge toh 26 dec 2017 ko mere 2 saal poore ho gye hai aur 15 jan 2018 ko mai medical unfit kr diya gya toh kya mujhe 2400 grade milegi?? aur maine clerk post mangi hai pr mujhe pr administrative dawab banaya jaa rha hai ki likh kr do ki hum jo post denge woh le loge pr mai nhi de rha likh kr aur ek baat janni hai ki kya mai apni btech qualification ke karan alp se sidha junior engineer ki post mang sakta hu??? yaa koi aisa rule hai ki mera exam le kr mujhe JE / SSE ki post de de???? mera saara kaam rok rakha hai aur bola jaa rha hai ki likh kr do jo bhi post denge woh le loge ab mai kya kru koi mujhe batao
agar mai guard mai jaana chahu toh kya kru??? kyu ki a1 mai unfit aur a2 and other mai fit hu mai
jo bhi jaanta hai jaldi se reply de do bhaiyo
I was loco pilot passenger…
I was loco pilot passenger and medically unfit in february 2017 and joined as OS in same pay and grade.At that time my basic pay was 78800 after adding 30% pay element it is 102440 as par 7th pay commition pay matrix of grade pay4200 nearest pay matrix is 102800 where is my pay fixed. As par 7CPC any provision of PP? Where my pay is fixed please advice accordingly.
Sir I am working in North…
Sir I am working in North Western railway Jaipur as a tech-I, I am not able to continue this job as a tech-I because all time I have headache poblem when I see the all big machine I m going in depression I have phobia for all machine and electrical equipment. Sir I psychology and physically not fit. please suggest.
मैं LPG से DECATERIZED हुआ…
मैं LPG से DECATERIZED हुआ हूं मेरी बेसिक 4900 gp 4200 थी
मेरी non running में बेसिक क्या होगी जोकि 30%ऐड करने पर 63700 आ रही है क्या 64100 होगी या 62200 + pp
कृपया किसी के पास कोई रेलवे बोर्ड का आदेश इस संबंध में हो तो बतायें