In the case of promotion from one grade pay to another in the revised pay structure, one increment equal to 3% of the sum of the pay in the pay band and the existing grade pay will be computed and rounded off to the next multiple of 10. (Ref 2)
In the case of calculation of increments under the revised pay structure, paise should be ignored, but any amount of a rupee or more should be rounded off to next multiple of 10. (Ref 4)
Fixation of Pay
- Government of India have set up six pay commissions at regular intervals to review and recommend wage structure for all civil and military divisions including Railways.
- These Pay commissions examine various issues such as pay and allowances, retirement benefits, conditions of service. promotion policies. Etc, and submit recommendations.
- As Fifth Pay Commission observed “ Pay Commission is a peculiarly Indian institution”.
Approximate Gross and Net Salary of Some Popular categories of Railway Jobs after the implementation of 6 th Central Pay commission for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006.
Please keep in mind that the exact salary can be different from this as it depends on many conditions. Some of the factors that you have to keep in mind while reading the table ::
- The post of a Railway Staff on medical decategorization should not be dispensed with or reduced in rank, but to be shifted to some other post with same pay scale and service benefits.
- Medically decategorized Railway staff shall cease to perform duties of the post held. If the employee cannot be adjusted against or absorbed in suitable alternate post immediately, he may be kept on a special supernumerary post in his own regular grade pending suitable alternate employment.
- An employee stagnating at the maximum of a Pay Band for more than one year will get into the next Pay Band.
- But there will be no difference in Grade Pay.
- When a senior employee draws lesser pay than his junior promoted after him his pay maybe stepped up to the extent of pay of his junior from the date of promotion of junior subject to following conditions.
- Junior and Senior belongs to the same cadre and promotion posts are identical and in the same cadre.
- Scales of pay of lower and higher posts are identical.
- Anomaly is a direct result of application of rules.
- Junior was not drawing more pay than Senior in the lower post.
Entry pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006
Fixation Table NO. FTR/1
Pre-revised scales (S-4) Revised Pay Band + Grade Pay
Fixation of Pay for fresh recruits
Entry pay in the revised pay structure for fresh recruits will be fixed as follows depending on the grade pay of the post.