Leave Rules for Railway Apprentices / Trainees
Apprentices for the leave rules includes:
- Apprentice Mechanics under training in workshops.
- Other apprentices who are not governed by apprentices Act1961, attached to the workshops and printing Presses.
- Apprentices under training for non-gaztted posts in all other departments who are posted to supervisory posts after training such as Apprentice Train Examiners, Apprentice Permanent Way Inspectors, Stores Apprentices, etc.
- 10 days in a calendar year.
- Apprentices may be granted leave on full stipend for a period not exceeding 16 days and on half stipend on medical certificate for a period not exceeding 20 days in any year of apprenticeship.
- These leave will be non-accumulative and no leave shall be granted if it would interfere with the training.
- Apprentices may be granted extraordinary leave (without stipend) by the General Manager under the rules applicable to temporary railway Servants
- Apprentices injured on duty are entitled to hospital leave.
- A female Railway employee (including an apprentice, temporary employee, casual labour with temporary status, irrespective of their length of service) with less than two surviving children may be granted maternity leave by an authority competent to grant leave for a period of 135 days from the date of its commencement. This leave shall not be debited against leave account.(Rule 1417 of IRMM).
- A male railway servant (including an apprentice) with less than two surviving children may be granted Paternity Leave for a period of 15 days during the confinement of his wife.(Rule 1418 of IRMM)
Recalculation of leave on absorption in service
- On subsequent absorption, without a break, if the period of apprenticeship or training as probationer, is treated as service, recalculation of leave may be allowed as is permissible under the normal operation of the rules.
- Rule 1908 Chapter 19 of of Indian Railway Establishment Manual Vol
- Rules 533-537 of Chapter 5 of Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol I
- Rules 1417-1418 of Indian Railway Medical Manual