Advanced topics on Railway Transportation
Advanced Transportation covers the advanced aspects of Railway operation and analysis of day to day operating performance. It includes, inter-alia:
- Freight train operations
- Coaching operations
- Marshalling yard operations (functioning , statistics, yard congestion).
- Various operating statistics and operating Ratio.
- Use of Information Technology (FOIS, Control office automation etc.)
- Freight marketing
- Calculation of Line Capacity and planning capacity augmentation
- Modernisation and latest developments in Railway transportation
- Multi-modal transport etc.