Provident Fund - Final Withdrawal
- Final Withdrawal from Provident Fund is permitted only for Railway employees with 15 years service including broken periods.
On medical Grounds
- Eligible for the employee himself or his/her family members, dependant person, minor brother, unmarried sister or widowed sister.
- Amount – 3 months pay or 50% of amount at credit of the Railway employee whichever is less. The limit can be relaxed in special cases, but not to exceed 3/4th of credit.
- For Marriage/Betrothal of Railway employee or his children, dependant person, minor brother, unmarried sister or widowed sister.
- Amount – 3 months pay in case of marriage/betrothal of male and 6 months in case of female. In special case it can be 6 and 10 months of pay respectively.
- If amount at credit is less than Rs. 10000/-, 90% of amount is permissible.
- In special case the 10 months limit may be relaxed keeping in view the status of the subscriber and amount at credit but in no cases more than 15 months.
- Marriage and betrothal will be separate occasions for sanction of withdrawal.
- This advance is permitted for the education of dependant of a Railway staff beyond high school stage.
- Withdrawal is permissible once in every 6 months or twice in a Financial year.
- 3 months emoluments for education abroad and 1 1/2 months emoluments for education in India (upto maximum 50% of amount at credit of the employee). This limit may be relaxed but not to exceed ¾ of the amount at credit.
- Railway employees are permitted final withdrawal from Provident Fund for building/acquiring a house/flat for residential purposes including cost of site or for repayment of loan taken for this purpose.
- Withdrawal amount shall not exceed the amount at the credit of the staff or actual cost of house including the cost of land/repayment of loan whichever is less.
- In no case the sum withdrawn together with amount of advance taken from Ministry of Urban.
- Development or assistance taken from government sources shall not exceed the maximum limit prescribed.
- In case of construction of house withdrawal may be permitted in equal installments not less than two.
- In case of co-operative societies withdrawal is permissible as and when demanded by the society.
Site of house
- For purchasing a plot/site for construction of house one half the amount at credit or actual cost of house whichever is less.
- Reconstruction/renovation/Alteration and upkeep of ancestral house or flat built/acquired at a place other than place of duty
- Amount - The actual cost or Rs.10000/- whichever is less.
- Second withdrawal is allowed provided total of both shall not exceed amount at credit at the time of first withdrawal.
Booking of Motor Car
- Amount: Upto Rs.10000/- or 50% of amount at credit or actual cost of registration whichever is less. The amount of advance shall be taken into account for determining the overall ceiling for withdrawal.
Booking of Car/Motor Cycle/Scooter/Moped
- Amount : Upto Rs.500/- or 50% of amount at credit or actual cost of registration whichever is less. The amount of advance shall be taken into account for determining the overall ceiling for withdrawal.
Purchase of Car
- Amount: Upto Rs.110000/- . The amount of withdrawal plus withdrawal for booking should not exceed 50% of amount at creditor actual price of car whichever is less.
Repair to car
- For overhauling of car once in the service of a Railway Employee.
- The employee should have completed 28 years of service or has less than 3 years to attain superannuation.
- Rs.10000 or 1/3rd of amount at credit or the actual cost of repair of the car whichever is less.
Acquisition of Farm Land/business premises.
- Within 1 year of retirement.
- Actual cost of land/premises.
Purchase of Consumer durables
- For purchasing consumer durables like TV/VCR/VCP/Washing machine/Cooking Range/Geyser/Computer/Refrigerator.
- Amount not exceeding 6 months pay of the railway staff or half the amount at credit.
Funeral Expense :
- Amount : Rs.500/-