Candidates selected for Railway jobs by RRB have to undergo prescribed medical examination. Permanent employees also have to undergo Periodical Medical Examination (PME) as per the category in which they work. Medical facilities in Railway hospitals are free for all the permanent Railway employees.

RELHS97 medical card to 2011 death case employee wife

Submitted by ankur.singh on Tue, 10/07/2018 - 21:56


        My father was expired on Jan 2011 but my mother did not applied for medical card at that time but now my mother applied for RELHS 97 medical card my mother is suffering from arthritis which is a chronic desease she is availing FMA but in case of chronic desease opd facility is available to concerned personnel staff saying that medical cardcan not issued for retirees or death case from 2009 to 2012 death/retirees saying that there is a RBL letter no.Board’s letter No. 2003/H/28/1/RELHS dated 28.01.05, 21.10.05, 30.12.05, 10.05.06,10.01.07 & 16.03.09

Medical unfit

Submitted by anup2088 on Thu, 07/06/2018 - 04:30

Sir I am SM and have joined on 09.02.2015. My medical was last done on 22.06.2014 and it is next due on 21.06.2018. I have been appointed as CGA.

 At the time of medical my eyesight was A/2. Now i use glasses for distant vision. Will it affect to my service. Or termination of service in medical ground.


Medical card for retired employees

Submitted by bisu007 on Sat, 19/05/2018 - 15:08


I have taken Technical Resignation from ECoR on Oct 2010 as I had opted to join RITES on permanent basis after my deputation period from Dec 2006.

During my dues settlement, the amount for RELHS was not deducted and on my further appeal, the last basic was deposited to pay office by me on June 2012. The same was returned to my account stating that there was office order from Railway Board not to issue medical cards for the retired employees those not opted in time.

My question is whether I can apply for a medical card now by paying my last basic drawn?

Medical facility

Submitted by kavita799 on Sat, 05/05/2018 - 13:08

Dear sir My father working as track mainter he died eventuall by train .I got the job on compassion ground .

I want to know that my mother get the benefits of medical hospital of railway.

If yes then where I hv to contact .....

Pls tell me abt rules of widow pensioner medical treatment..


medical unfit

Submitted by Niroj kumar panda on Fri, 26/01/2018 - 19:03


In medical test the docter knowingly nervused me by some silly matter then checked my heartbeat that time my heartbeat was fast then he refered to a medical to check echo and ecg test. after i check it found report is normal.then i submit the they are telling by bribe u have done it we ll recheck again..if again they ll nervus do it in wrong way what action can i take plz guide me...


Declared Unfit by Railway doctor but AIIMS doctors say fit

Submitted by mrbow on Thu, 25/01/2018 - 12:27

Help please!

I have been declared unfit in A-2 category for the post of TA (Hubli division). My visual acuity is reported as 6/9, 6/18. 

Whereas my all three reports from three different doctors AIIMS (DELHI) and Ram Manohar Lohia confirms my visual acuity as 6/5 and 6/6.

They(Hubli Division) are also saying that provision for appeal for remedical is no longer there.

Please suggest.

sick rules

Submitted by sushilj2 on Thu, 21/12/2017 - 18:02

I was referred to central hospital ndls by drh jhs on my sick leave I am regularly attending CH NDLS after operation of my one ear and now the doctor fix up the date of operation of another ear . But the doctor at DRH JHS is discharging me from sick list . Plz let me know the sick rules in this regard since I am a referred patients in CH NDLS and doctor still not decleare me fit 


Second time Re-Medical test declared unfit, what is further procedure

Submitted by pratap loco on Sun, 17/12/2017 - 16:26

I am working as a LOCO PILOT, my son got selected in ALP post after completion of all test,  and finally sent to medical test for A1 (ALP post). In that medical test my son got UNFIT, and i claim re-medical.  in that second time remedical test also declared UNFIT. On what basis doctors UNFIT my son in first and second medical tests so far we don't know.