Education and Study Leave


Railway employee can pursue higher studies on certain conditions. He can avail also study leave for the purpose for a study in public interest in India or abroad.

Whether Railway allow candidates for distance education while je training

Submitted by Abhi42 on Mon, 24/08/2015 - 09:59

Sir , I selected for je in scr recently . I am interested in pursuing pg course . How much time will railway take for calling medical and to start training course ? Am I allowed to study distance mtech education next year while I am in training of je?? I have counselling in few days for pg education . Will I go for counselling or not ?? If I join college in middle I have to leave because of railway training . Please suggest me .

written permission for approaching higher education through correspondance course of AMIE

Submitted by shibankarroy on Mon, 19/01/2015 - 22:16

Respected sir,    

                           My name is Shibankar Roy and iam a technician 3 under SSE/AC/Ald/NCR

                           I want to do a correspondance course of AMIE from the Institute of Engineers India.

                            In this case do i need to have a written permission from my branch officer???

i want complete my B.A.

Submitted by gautam tamsoy on Tue, 06/01/2015 - 21:40

sir maine group D 19/12/2014 ko join kiya ha. joining se pahle maine B.A. part2 Exam paas kar liya. january 2015 se part3 ka addmission start hai. mai BA3 ka exam regular student ka du to promotion me DEGREE valid hoga ya nahi? please help me. Thank u.

distance education

Submitted by pranjal1982 on Wed, 29/10/2014 - 22:48

Respected Sir,

I was enrolled in Indian railways in the year 2000 after successful completion of VCRC (higher secondary level course) and after getting a few promotions I am now working as a RESERVATION SUPERVISOR (grade pay-4200) since 2007. I have achieved the degree of BACHELOR of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA) this year through distance education(SMU) and going to pursue MBA(SMU). How can I add these extra qualifications to my service record and am I eligible to write grade-B exams with this qualification(distance education?) ?