Clarification regarding Family pension to a disabled Child

Submitted by Rajeshsmysore on Tue, 20/10/2015 - 11:39

Dear Sir,

My father who was working in southern railway retired in 1982 and was drawing pension till his death in 2011.  Now my mother is drawing her family pension.

We were three children (all male)  to our parents and the elder son is deceased. Second son is physically handicapped (blindness of 80 %) and it got manifested over the years. He is not earning anything for his livelihood and depending on our mother's family pension.

I myself the third son, would like to know whether my brother who is handicapped can continue to claim the family pension after my mother.

I would like to inform that my father had not informed about the details of his children in the PPO.

Kindly guide me how we should go further like, what documents are required and to whom it should be submitted etc.

We would be highly obliged if you could kindly guide us in this regard.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully

Rajesh S