Hospital Patient Care Allowance for Railway Medical Staff
- Admissible for following categories of Group C & D railway employees working in railway hospitals and health units / clinics w.e.f. 01-01-2008. .
- Pharmacists [except exclusive Store Pharmacists and not involved in dispensing of medicines].
- Laboratory Staff.
- Medical Technicians required to come in direct physical contact with patients [ECG, EEG, Cardiac Pump, Dialysis etc.].
- Ambulance Drivers.
- Operation Theatre Assistants.
- Attendants / Ayahs.
- Ambulance cleaners.
- Stretcher bearers
- HPCA @ Rs.2100/- p.m. would be admissible for the above mentioned railway employees working either in [i] railway hospitals having 30 beds or more, or [ii] super specialty railway hospitals having 10 beds or more.
- HPCA @ Rs.2070/- p.m. would be admissible for the above mentioned railway employees working either in [i] railway hospitals having less than 30 beds, or [ii] super specialty railway hospitals having less than 10 beds, or [iii] railway health units / clinics.
- Night Duty Allowance and / or Risk Allowance, if admissible to the above categories of staff, shall cease to be admissible to them w.e.f. 01-01-2008
- The amount of HPCA/PCA would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
- HPCA/PCA may be admissible in case the individual proceeds on leave/training for less than one calendar month. The same may not be admissible in case the individual proceeds on leave/training for more than one calendar month.
- HPCA/PCA should not be admissible in case of unauthorized leave.