Verification of Character and antecedents of Railway employees on appointment through RRB
- Before making an appointment to the Railways it is the responsibility of the appointing authority to satisfy itself about the identity and suitability of the candidate according to the prescribed criteria .
- Detailed verification of character and antecedents would be applicable in case of:
- Group ‘A’ Posts;
- Group ‘B’ posts;
- Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts of all those offices in which detailed verification is considered particularly necessary in the interest of security by the Administrative Ministry of office.(See here to see the list of posts where detailed verification applies in Railways).
- Cases in which simple verification cannot be done because of the candidate’s inability to produce a certificate of character.
- Attestation form in respect of the categories where detailed investigation is necessary attestation form has to be referred to District Magistrate
- Record check would be applicable to Group ‘C’ posts above the level of Lower Division Clerk in the Government of India Secretariat and its attached offices. Record check involves looking into adverse reports in respect of any matter including criminal cases, arrests, debarment by Union Public Service Commission, etc. as may be revealed by the Police records.
- Simple verification would be applicable to appointments to all other posts viz:
(a) Posts of LDC and posts of equivalent grade and all Group ‘D’ posts in the Government of India Secretariat and its attached offices; and
(b) Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts under the Government of India in subordinate offices.
- Exception can be made to the general procedure and detailed verification may be done for some posts/services/departments.
- All appointing authorities should clearly indicate at the top of the attestation forms the type of verification required to be done, i.e., Detailed Verification, Record Check or Simple Verification.