- 30 % of Basic Pay for computation of benefits excluding Retirement benefits.
- For pensionary benefits, an additional 55% of Basic pay.
- DA will be paid on Basic Pay plus Pay element of Running Allowance (ie, 30% of Basic Pay).
- Benefit of reckoning Pay element for fixation of pay of Running staff on their appointment to posts under GDCE not admissible.
Allowance in lieu of kilometrage
When Running Staff are employed in non-running duties they will be entitled for Allowance in lieu of kilometrage as indicated below for every calendar day:
i) At Headquarters – 30% of Basic Pay.
ii) Outstation - Allowance in lieu of kilometrage at the rate of 160 km per calendar day.
This is admissible in the following cases:
- Attending Medical examinations.
- Journey on transfer.
- Joining Time.
- Refresher Courses & Training in carriage sheds.
- Attending enquiries.
- Attending law courts.
- Attending as Defensel Counsel .
- Trade Union meetings.
- Attending First Aid classes.
- Attending Ambulance classes.
- Taking part in Territorial Army camps.
- Attending Staff Loan societies.
- Attending Welfare and Debt Committees.
- Attending Sports Duties.
- Undergoing Sterilisation operation.
- Attending Hindi examination.
- Guards booked on escort duties.
- LP/ALP kept as spare for examination/cleaning engine for VIP special trains.
- Any other duties declared in emergency as qualifying for Allowance in lieu of kilometrage.
- Allowance in lieu of kilometrage 120 km to LPs working as Power Control/Crew Control.
- At outstations where Running Room is not provided.
- Rates specified for every 24 hours or part thereof reckoned from time of ‘signing off’ subject to period of rest exceeding 4 hours between arrival and departure timings.
- Half of the rates are admissible if cook is not available in running room.
- Payable as Overtime Allowance under HOER at the rate of 2 hours for every hour by which rest fall short of prescribed hours of rest.
- Periods of less than half an hour will be neglected and half an hour or more shall be rouded off to one hour on each occasion of Breach of Rest.
- Breach of Rest Allowance shall be granted to running staff who work a train to outstation and return to headquarters and are booked for duty
i) Before completion of 16 hours when duty before rest was 8 hours or more.
ii) Before completion of 12 hours rest at headquarters when duty before rest was less than 8 hours.
- Breach of Rest Allowance shall be granted to Running staff like shunters staff manning suburban services who avail daily rest booked for running duty
i) Before completion of 12 hours when duty before rest was 8 hours or more.
ii) Before completion of 8 hours rest when duty before rest was less than 8 hours.
- Running Staff who are held up at any station other than headquarters due to an accident for a period exceeding 16 hours from the time they ‘sign off’ shall be paid Outstation(Detention) Allowance at the rate of 70 km for every 24 hour or part thereof after expiry of 16 hours from time of ‘signing off’.
- At outstations where running rooms are not provided Running staff shall be entitled in addition Allowance in lieu of Running Room facilities.
- For Running Staff deputed to work outside their headquarters either on running duties or stationary duties.
- Payment will be made from each day reckoned from the date of arrival at the outstation in the following manner.
i) When officiating in higher post allowance shall be paid for 14 days only.
ii) When Running Staff are sent to outstation in the same capacity allowance shall be paid for a maximum period of 2 months.
iii) The period of journey to and from relieving station shall be treated as duty either spare or unning and allowance paid accordingly.
- Running Staff who are held up at any station other than headquarters due to an accident for a period exceeding 8 hours shall be paid accident Allowance at the rate of 70 km for every 24 hour or part thereof reckoned from time of commencement of detention.
- Each Railway shall identify sections and circumstances where Running staff cannot earn adequate kilometrage within stipulated duty hours.
- For these identified sections and circumstances Running staff shall be paid at the rate of 120 kms for full stipulated duty hours.
- When Running staff are put to officiate in a Running post for 30 days or less Officiating Allowance shall be paid as admissible in the lower grade plus running allowance at the rates applicable to higher grade in which they officiate enhanced by 15% except Fireman A/ALP and second Fireman.
- When Second Fireman is put to officiate as Fireman A/ALP enhancement will be 20% of actual kilometrage performed.
- When put to officiate in a running post for more than 30 days their pay will be fixed under normal rules.
- When put to officiate in a Stationary post for more than 30days their pay will be fixed on the basis of pay in lower post as pay element of Running allowance.
- When period is 30 days or less Officiating Allowance shall be paid for a period of 14 days only
- Seperately for Steam traction and Diesel Traction.
- Inflated kilometrage based on actual kilometrage during prescribed schedule from ‘singing on’ to ‘signing off’.
Shunting and Van goods trains
For first 60 km
To be paid at double the kilometrage.
Beyond 60 km
To be paid at 3 times the kilometrage.
Ballast/Material Train/Crane Special and Light Engine on Medical account
20 km per hour subject to a maximum of 200 kms for prescribed hours of duty from signing on to signing off.
Brake Down special and Medical Relief Train
25 km per hour duty from signing on to signing off.
Hours of duty signing on to signing off.
Kilometrage to be paid for
Less than 4 hours
Actual kilometrage subject a minimum of 120 km
4 hours and above but less than 5 hours
Actual kilometrage subject a minimum of 130 km
5 hours and above
Actual kilometrage subject a minimum of 150 km
- Trip allowance to Running staff working Coal Pilots at the rate of 160 km for eight hours.
- In addition a bonus of 50 km if they perform complete trips within stipulated target time.
- Waiting/Standby duty as per roster.
- Station duty including detention on account of cancellation of trains or cancellation of booking of staff after they have reported for duty.
- Running staff kept back in administrative interest such as booking for President’s special, Relief Trains etc.
- Waiting in steam in case of President’s special.
- Sections with a ruling gradient 1:40 or steeper shall be classified as Class I Ghat section. Running staff working on ghats where banker is employed in assisting train computation of km will be 5 times the actual distance travelled.
- In all other cases(including where banking engine is run as a Light Engine or assistance not required) it shall be calculated as 5 times actual distance travelled in case of Class I Ghat and 3 times Class II Ghats.
- For High speed/Rajdhani Exp for completion of Trips.
- Running staff working Van Goods trains and Through Goods trains.
- Where main line crew is used for shunting at terminals preceded by or followed by train working such duty shall be paid at 15 km per hour.
- Paid for actual Km run learning the road.
- Infaltion on account of incentive, Ghat , minimum distance etc. not applicable.
- Notmore than 3 trips up and 3 trips down permitted.
- Before or after working trains or for working a train at outstation shall be light duties and half the km is paid.
- In case of trains provided with double set of crew spare crew travelling in rest van shall be paid half km admissible to crew on duty.
- When running staff cannot be allowed running duties or other duties on account of Natural calamities/Coal Shortage they shall be paid pay element of Running Allowance at the rate of 30% of Basic pay applicable for the day.
Total km for the month is rounded off for Running allowance calculation as
1 to 24
25 to 74
Rounded off to 50 km
75 to 99
Rounded off to 100 km
- LP/ALP is paid Rs.80 as cost of Line Box in initial or replacement.
- A standard air bag is also supplied to them every 3 years for carrying their personal items while on duty.
- Guards of Mail, Express, Suburban, Passenger trains will be supplied tri-color Hand signal lamps.
- A cash allowance of Rs.25 paid for replacement of dry cells.