Syllabus for 30% LDCE Assistant Commercial Manager (ACM)
- Eligibility : Group C employees of Commercial department working Pay Band Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-and above with 5 years service in GP Rs. 4200 (including service rendered in corresponding pre-revised scales).
- Apprenticeship period is also included for calculating minimum service.
- Ministerial staff in Commercial Department should exercise a one-time option to appear for Group B exam in Personnel Department or Commercial Department. Option once exercised shall be final.
- The selection is based on performance in a written exam, viva-voce and assessment of record of service of previous five years of date of viva-voce. The marks allotted and the qualifying marks under the different heads are as follows:-
. Professional Paper I (Professional Subject & General Knowledge)
Professional Paper II (Professional Subject & Establishment And Financial Rules)
i) Out of 150 marks, the professional subject will carry at least 100 marks.
ii) Minimum Mark is for each paper separately.
Record of service and viva-voce
Max. Marks Qualifying Marks
i) Viva-voce 25 30 (including at least 15 marks in the record of service)
ii) Record of service 25
Syllabus for Paper I
- Booking of Goods Traffic, Forwarding Notes, Registration of Indents, allotment, Rating and Routing of Traffic, Misdeclaration, RR, Weighment Including Punitive Charges for Overloading, Empty Tare Weighment, Classification of goods, Loading and Unloading including Transhipment, free time for loading and unloading, Booking of animals, Dangerous and offensive goods, Military traffic, RMC etc.
- Different charges like Demurrage, Wharfage, Stacking, Stabling etc.
- Freight incentive schemes, Terminal Management System, Good shed working, Trainload benefit, Quick transit service, Container service, loadability of Wagons, Higher Capacity routes, Investment schemes like WIS, TIELS, Dynamic Pricing Policy.
- Out Agencies, City Booking Offices, and Other Ancillary services.
- Commercial Inspections.
- Sidings- Assisted and Private siding rules, Charges, Liberalised Siding Policy.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- Other recent Policy charges regarding Freight.
- Sealing and labeling of wagons, Delay in transit, Diversion of wagons load traffic, disposal of seal defective wagons, Transport of small traffic, Repacking sheds and transhipment points.
- Delivery of consignments, Undercharges, Overcharges, Refund of overcharges, Delivery of consignments short of destination, disposal of consignments over carried, Disposal of unclaimed and unconnected consignments.
- Station outstanding- Realisation and its clearance.
Syllabus for Paper II
- Marketing and Sales activities at the level of Divisions and Headquarters, Claims Prevention and Claims Statistics, Public relations on Railways, Public complaints and their disposal, Liability of Railways in case of accident to a passenger train.
- Coordination of functions of various consultative committees at national, zonal and Divisional levels.
- Liability of Railways as Carriers of Goods and Animals.
- Catering and Vending services, Book Stalls etc.
- Indian Railways Conference Association-its functions.
- Commercial Statistics- their usefulness.
- Indian Railways Act-chapters relating to Traffic facilities, working of Railways, responsibility of Railways as Carriers and penalties and offences.
- Various Ticketing Schemes- Tatkal rules, concept of e-tickets, i-tickets, Scheme of Frequent Travel (SOFT), Tickets through ATMs, Reservation and Refund rules.
- Railway Claims Tribunal Act and functioning of Railway Claims Tribunal (RCT) and Railway Rates Tribunal (RRT).
- Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS), Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM), Jansadharan Ticket Booking Scheme (JTBS), Railway Travel Service Agents (RTSA) etc.
- Various measures including Intensive Check Posts (ICPs) to combat ticketing frauds and ticketless travel.
- Categorization of Railway stations depending upon passenger earnings.
- Halt Policy.
- Passenger Amenities, Model stations, Minimum essential amenities, Recommended and desirable passenger amenities depending upon classification of stations, Works Program.
- Integrated on-board services, Bedroll distribution in AC coaches, cleanliness of coaches, On board supply of Newspapers, magazines, toiletries etc.
- Public-private partnership (PPP) schemes, Pay and Use toilets (Deluxe as well as normal), Retiring rooms, Waiting halls, beautification of stations.
- Train Enquiry System, National Train Enquiry System (NTES), Integrated Train Enquiry System (ITES), Call Centres.
- Customer Care Training A more customer friendly attitude among the frontline staff, on job training.
- Commercial publicity, policies and implementation on Zonal Railways.
- Classification of earnings.
- Strategies to enhance Sundry earnings, Parking contracts, STD/PCOs, Cyber Cafes, ATMS, Various kiosks.
- Leasing Policy for Parcels.
- Rules regarding Parcel booking, overloading and computerization of Parcels.