Syllabus for 30% LDCE ACM Establishment and Financial Rules
- Organisation of the Personnel department in the Railways.
- The objective of the Personnel department, functions and policies of the Personnel department.
- Role of Personnel Officer in the Headquarters and in Divisions.
- Classification of service.
- Recruitment to Different services Group A to D.
- Recruitment of Artizan staff.
- Special Reservation in Railway Services.
- Role of the Railway Services Commissions in Recruitment.
- Recruitment other than through Usual channels.
- Promotion – Policy and Methods.
- Personnel Supervision- Leadership styles, formal and informal leadership qualities, different leadership styles, Democratic or participative leadership style, advantages of participation, Joint Councils of Management. Negotiating Machinery Schemes, zonal and divisional corporate enterprise Groups.
- Inspection of loco sheds, C & W Depots, Stations, Engineering Office.
LABOUR RELATIONS AND WELFARE
- Important Recognised Trade unions in Railways, role of unrecognized unions and methods of dealing with them.
- Industrial disputes and legislative framework, causes of industrial disputes, basic remedies, the industrial disputes Act 1947, strikes, lockouts and layoffs, handling of grievance at divisions and in the Headquarters, handling of grievances by Labour Enforcement Offices.
- The hours of Employment Regulations, Overtime, Job Analysis, and its Machines.
- The Factories Act, Special Rules for Workshop staff in Railways.
- The Workmen’s Compensations Act – ex-gratia Payment , Incentive Bonus Scheme.
- Pass Rules.
- Retirement benefits under the Provident Funds and Pensions Schemes, Final Settlement.
- Welfare of the whole Family of Railwaymen. Concept and Practice in Railways.
- Parliamentary Control on Railway Finance, Public Accountability, Cannons of Financial Propriety.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting, Budgetary and Financial Reviews – Appreciation accounts.
- Rules of Allocation, Classification of expenditure, Control of expenditure, Responsibility Accounting, Performance Budgeting. Exchequer Control, Financial Results of Working.
- Works Programme. Financial justification of Works. Surveys. Preparation of Estimates. Capital Budget. Control over Capital Expenditure. Productivity Test.
- Financial control over Stores Expenditure. Purchase and Stores Keeping Procedure. Inventory Controls and A, B, C Analysis.
- Financial and Cost Control in Railway Workshops.
- Rules and Procedure relating to Tenders and contracts for execution of works and Procurement of Stores.
- Procedure for Possessing and finalizing Court Objections and Draft Paras.
- Delegation Of Powers.
- Losses, Frauds and Embezzlements.
- Questions on subjects of interest and importance.
- Questions should be so based as to test the knowledge of candidates which they acquire by general observation/reading without a specific study of detailed knowledge or text books.
- The paper should also contain questions on topics of national importance, achievements of Railways as also questions which will test the awareness of candidates to developments which are taking place.
- The standard of question paper should not be rigorous and it should not be more than the standard of matriculation.