- When a senior employee draws lesser pay than his junior promoted after him his pay maybe stepped up to the extent of pay of his junior from the date of promotion of junior subject to following conditions.
- Junior and Senior belongs to the same cadre and promotion posts are identical and in the same cadre.
- Scales of pay of lower and higher posts are identical.
- Anomaly is a direct result of application of rules.
- Junior was not drawing more pay than Senior in the lower post.
- Even when stepping up has been done once and junior gets his pay stepped up pay of senior may be stepped up again.
Next Below Rule
- It means means promotion at least equal to person next below the employee in a seniority group.