- Scheme is for permanent Group C and D Railway Employees declared surplus(medically decategorized or otherwise) and placed in supernumerary post(SNP) and for whome remployment is not feasible.
- Scheme is applicable only for those who have 5 years residual service.
- Employee would be eligible to give notice under this within 3 months after a period of 1 year from the date he/she is declared surplus and placed in SNP.
- Particular Railway/Production Unit would be reckoned as the unit for providing alternate employment.
- CPO of the Railway/Production Unit would certify non-availability of avenue of alternate employment.
- Weightage of 5 years Qualifying Service shall be given under Railway.
- Services(Pension) Rules 1993 to surplus/decategorised employees who have rendered 15 years of qualifying service on the date they are declared surplus/Medically decategorised.
- Encashment of LAP on the date of relief as per Railway Services(Liberalized Leave) Rules 1949.
- Savings element with interest in REGIS shall be paid.
- TA/DA as on retirement for the retiring Railway Employee & family for settling anywhere in India.
- Entitled for ex-gratia equal to Basic Pay plus DA for the number of days worked out at the rate of 35 days for each completed year and 25 days for each remaining year.
- For any part of a year number of days will be worked out on the basis of 365 days in a year.
- Total number of years to be counted for Ex-gratia shall not exceed 33 years.
No weightage of additional service.
- Ex-gratia minimum Rs. 25000/- or 250 days emoluments whichever is higher.
- Ex-gratia amount should not exceed the sum of Basic Pay and DA that the employee would draw at the prevailing level for the balance of period of service left before superannuation.
- Ex-gratia amount will be paid lumpsum. It will be over and above the normal retirement benefit.
- Ex-gratia amount upto 5 Lakh is exempted from Income Tax.