Special Disability Leave
- Can be sanctioned upto 24 months(in one or more spells).
- For injury caused intentionally by someone in performance of official duties as a Railway employee.
- Injury must manifest within 3 months of its occurance.
- Competent authority may condone this limit.
- Medical Certificate necessary.
- Can be combined with any other type of leave.
- Leave salary as on LAP for first 120 days, then as on LHAP.
- In case of those covered by Workmen Compensation Act Leave salary will be reduced to the extent of compensation payable.
- Counts for pension.
- Not debited to Leave account.
Special Disability Leave (Accidental)
- Sanctioned for a Railway employee injured accidentally in performance of official duties.