Special Allowance to Gatekeepers of difficult Railway Engineering Level Crossings
- Gangmen who are posted as Gatekeeper to man those gates who are classified as ‘difficult gates’ would be entitled to Special Allowance of Rs.300/- per month.(w.e.f 1.9.2008)
- Identification of the difficult gates will be undertaken in a very judicious manner by the Divisional Engineer(DEN) in consultation with the Associate Finance and for this purpose a fresh review of all the Civil Engineering level crossing gates may be undertaken.
- For the purpose of grant of Special Allowance number of difficult gates will be restricted to 50% of the total number of manned Civil Engineering level crossing gates.
- The gates which are identified as difficult will have identification mark embossed on their gate huts.
- The Special Allowance to such Gatekeepers would be discontinued on their transfer to easy gates.
- List of such gates and the position of vacancies of Gatemen against these gates, obtaining from time to time should be kept ready with the Divisional authorities including Associate Finance, so that inspecting officers can monitor the position.
- The rates of the Special Allowance may be increased by 25% every times the Dearness Allowance payable on revised pay scales goes up by 50%.