Reengagement of Retired Railway employees on daily remuneration basis.
General Managers to re-engage retired employees with the following conditions:
- Railway should issue necessary notification for such re-engagement by giving wide publicity through open advertisement so that all may get equal opportunity.
- Re-engaged employees should not have been covered under the Safety Related Retirement Scheme/Liberalized Active Retirement Scheme for Guaranteed Employment for Safety Staff (LARSGESS).
- While engaging such staff, medical fitness of the appropriate category should be obtained from the designated authorities.
- Suitability/competency of the staff should also be adjudged before engaging and the issue of their safety record should be addressed.
- Maximum age limit for such re-engagement shall be 62 years and this limit shall not be exceeded in case of any retired railway employees during the period of re-engagement.
- While engaging such staff and assigning duties to them, it must be ensured that safety and other operational requirements are adequately addressed.
- Remuneration to such staff be made as stipulated vide this Ministry’s letter No. E(NG)II/2007/RC-4/CORE/1 dated 11.12.2009 (in each and every case of engagement of retired employee, the daily allowances plus full pension should not exceed the last pay drawn).
- The scheme will be valid up to December 2011. This may be terminated if adequate staff become available.
Rate per day (E(NG)II/2007/RC-4/CORE/1 dated 11.12.2009)
|GP 1800||Rs. 300|
|GP 1900 - 2800||Rs. 320|
|GP 4200||Rs. 550|
|GP 4600||Rs. 565|
- It should, however, be ensured that in each and every case of engagement of retired employee, the daily allowance + full Pension should not exceed the last pay drawn.
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Â¹See also : Re-engagement of retired Running Staff on daily remuneration basis