- Medical facilities extended to dependant parents of Railway employees.
- Scholarship for girl child of Group D railway employees increased to Rs.1200 per month.
- 20 additional hostels for children of Railway employees.
- ‘Home for all’ to provide housing for all Railway employees in next 10 years with the help of Ministry of Urban Development.
- Hospitals and educational institutions on surplus Railway land for the benefit of Railway employees and their children.
- Cruches for children of women employees and hostels.
- More number of community centres and stadiums.
- Contribution to Staff Benefit Fund enhanced to Rs. 500 per employee. Increased allocation will be used for welfare of gangmen and simialr categories and their families.
- Safety related retirement scheme to beexpanded to all categories.
- To extend Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana to all licenced porters, vendors, hawkers who are from unauthorised sector and are socially challenged.
- Scholarship for higher education of girl children of Group D employees.
- Special Recruitment drive for filling up SC/ST vacancies.
- Special Recruitment drive for filling up Physically handicapped quota vacancies.
- Promote sports and cultural activities among Railway employees.