Post Retirement Complimentary Pass for Retired Railway Employee
Chairman and Members of Railway Board
5 sets per year
Group A & B with railway service of 20 years or more
3 sets per year
Group C staff with railway service of 20 years or more
2 sets per year
Group D staff with railway service of 20 years or more
1 set per year
- A retired Railway servant will be eligible to the same class of Post-retirement Complimentary pass, as he was enjoying at the time of service.
- Retired Railway servant who was officiating in the higher grade at the time of quitting service shall be granted post-retirement complimentary passes of the number appropriate to the post held by him in the substantive capacity.
- However the full benefit of post-retirement complimentary passes corresponding to the higher post as to their number and class may be given to those Railway employees where the promotion in the higher grade is on ad-hoc basis after working for a minimum of 3 years in the higher grade; Where service after regular promotion falls short of 2 years but the total regular service added to ad-hoc service in the higher grade is 3 ears or more the full benefit of post-retirement complimentary passes as to their number and class may be given.
- Railway service alone is considered for issue of post-retirement complimentary pass.
- Service weightage allowed for Voluntary retirement is considered for this.
- In the year of retirement total number of passes issued is restricted to total number he is eligible while the the railway employee was in service.
- One set of post-retirement complimentary pass will be disallowed for every month of unauthorized retention of railway quarter by the retired employee. *
- Post-retirement complimentary pass will not be issued to those railway employees who are dismissed from service.
- Post-retirement complimentary pass will not be issued to those railway employees who are removed from service on or after 26.10.2005.
- Post-retirement complimentary pass will not be issued to those railway employees on whom the penalty of cent percent cut in pension and gratuity has been imposed on or after 20.02.2005.
- Post-retirement complimentary pass will be issued to those railway employees who are dismissed or removed from service on or after 26.10.2005 but are granted compassionate allowance in terms of Rule 65 of the Railway Services(Pension) Rules,1993.Post-Retirement Complimentary Passes will be issued to such dismissed/removed railway employees from the date of grant of compassionate allowance.**
- Widow mother of retired employee may be included in Post-Retirement Complimentary Pass along with others entitled. $
- Legally divorced daughter and widowed daughter may also be included in Post-Retirement Complimentary Pass provided they reside with the railway employee and fulfill the income criteria. $$
- Prompt issue of Post-Retirement Complimentary Pass will be ensured on the same day for retired employees to avoid inconvenience. Courteous behavior will also be extended. #
- A retired Railway employee may be issued, on his/her request, one set of Complimentary Pass not more than 100 days in advance of beginning of the next year, for journeys commencing in the next year duly debiting such issue of complimentary pass in the next year’s pass account. The validity of the pass shall be four months from the date of issue.##
Family Identity Cards
In case of retired pensioners and widows Family Identity Cards will be issued from the office issuing Post-retirement or widow passes.
* Railway Board Letter No. E(W) 99 PS 5-1/4 dated 3.11.1999
** Railway Board Letter No. E(W) 2002 PSS-8/5 dated 26.10.2005
$ RBE 13/96 dated 16.02.1996
$$ RBE 63/2003 dated 16.04.2003
# RBE 23/2002 dated 04.02.2002
## Railway Board letter No. E(W)2010/PS5-17/l dated 3.6.2011