Other Passes for Railway Employees
Duty Card Pass
- Issued to officers who are not issued with metal passes and other Railway employees who are required to travel frequently on duty.
- Normallyissued for a period of 1 year.
Emergent Duty Pass
- To perform official duties
Residential Card Pass
- Issued to Railway employees over notified sections for travel from their place of residence to place of duty and back.
- Issued to self, family, dependant relatives (no limit in this case) including father who is wholly dependant of the Railway employee and residing with him.
- Passes may be issued to family and dependant relatives to settle in a place other than the new station of the railway employee and he is eligible for separate pass to join his new place of posting.
- Issued to a Railway employee at the time of retirement to settle in a place of his choice.
- Should be availed within 1 yearfrom date of retirement.
- No limit for the number of persons in the pass.
- Issued to Railway employees working in wayside stations or for their dependants to go to nearby market to purchase provisions required.
- The holder of the pass can carry 45 kg of provision at a time.
- Issued with personal sanction of GM.
- Issue on duty, privilage, transfer, school, retirement and medical grounds.
- On medical grounds higher class pass also can be issued as per medical advise.
Complimentary Pass to Licensed Porters
- Registered and authorised coolies working at railway stations will get one set of pass for self and wife in II/SL class in a calendar year.
- Station Master will issue pass mentioning details of name, badge no, Identity card no etc. and send a monthly statement to Divisional office.
- When a Railway employee is unable to accompany his familyhe can avail pass for himself and a pass for for family.
- Seperate passes will be issued which will constitute a set.Such passes shall be issued within a period of one month.
- This facility is not applicable to retired railway employees.
Lecturers and Participants of Education Programmes of AIRF & NFIR to be issued complimentary pass not higher than I st class.
School Card pass
- Issued to wards of Railway servants to enable them to travel between station near residence and station near to school or college based on certificate of school authorities.
- A maximum of 3 School Card passes are issuedto a Railway Employee at a time.
- Wards of retired/deceased Railway employees are eligible for School Card passes till the end of academic year in which retirement/death occurs.