- For official journeys made by road.
- Admissible by shortest of two or more practical routes or by cheapest of such routes.
- HOD or DRM may permit this allowance to be calculated by a route other than the shortest or cheapest for special reasons to be recorded if the journey is actually performed on such route.
- If a Railway employee travels by a route which is not shortest but cheaper than shortest then Mileage Allowance shall be calculated on the route actually used.
- Fraction of a kilometer shall be omitted from total of a bill.
- Class – as eligible.