- The scheme was originally framed to cover Drivers and gangmen on the consideration that with the advancing age physical fitness and reflexes of the employee of these categories deteriorate thereby causing a safety hazard.
- Now it is extended to other safety categories also.
- Request for retirement under this scheme will be voluntary and no compulsion on the part of the employee.
- The ward (Son/daughter) will be considered for payment only in the lowest recruitment grade of the employee depending upon his/her eligibility and suitability but not in any other category.
- The minimum educational qualification for recruitment in the safety category posts having GP of Rs. 1800 under this scheme will be 10 th pass of ITI or equivalent.
- Wards should be in age 18-33 (+% for SC/ST, +3 for OBC)
- However, wards in possession of 8 th std and above will be considered for appointment in 1S pay band 4440-7440 as Trainee without GP. They will be considered for grant of PB1 only on acquiring SSLC/ITI and service as trainee will not be counted as service for any purpose
- The retirement of the employee under this scheme will be considered only if the ward of the employee is found suitable in all respects. The retirement of the employee and appointment of the ward should take place simultaneously.
- Since it is a separate scheme no weightage of qualifying service will be admissible.
- Wards will not be allowed to change category except as being already allowed as per existing rules.
- Medically decategorised employees are not eligible to apply under this scheme.
A. Operating Department
- Traffic Porters
B. Engineering department
C.Signal and Telecommunication Department
- Khalasi/Khalasi Helper redesignated as Helper Grade II & Grade I attached to ESM/MSM//TCM/WTM
D. Mechanical (Running)
- Loco Pilots (Excluding Shunter)
E. Mechanical (C& W, DSL)/Electrical
- Khalasi/Khalasi Helper redesignated as Helper Grade II & Grade I assisting Loco Fitter/C&W Fitter/Fitters in Diesel Sheds and Train lighting & AC fitters
- Crane Jamedars/Crane Khalasis
Eligibility conditions are different according to GP/Category
For Loco pilot/Driver
|GP||Age Group||Qualifying Service|
- Grade Pay corresponding to the post against which the employee is working on regular basis will be taken into account. In the other words, the staff working on the post with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- will continue to be eligible for seeking retirement under the Scheme even after getting financial upgradation in Grade Pay higher than Rs.1800/- under MACPS.