Leave on half average pay(LHAP)
- All Railway employees permanent or temporary other than those serving in a railway school are eligible for LHAP.
- 20 days LHAP in a calendar year.
- No restriction on accumulation.
- May be granted on medical certificate or on private affairs.
- It may be commuted by surrendering 2 days of LHAP for one day of LAP without any limit in case of medical grounds, and upto 180 days in other cases. However if a Railway employee does not return to duty after commuted LHAP is over it shall be reconverted to LHAP.
- LHAP that can be availed of in one spell shall be limited to 24 months (whether combined with any other kind of leave or not ).
- Shall be credited in advance in two instalments of 10 days each on January 1st and July 1st of every calendar year(except school staff).
- The leave shall be credited to the leave account at the rate of 5/3 days for each Completed Calendar Month of service While affording credit of half pay leave fraction of a day may be rounded off to the nearest day.