Leave on Average Pay (LAP)
- 30 days LAP in a calendar year.
- All Railway employees permanent or temporary are eligible for LAP Rules for school staff are separate. (See here for Leave Rules for School Staff).
- Shall be credited in advance in two installments of 15 days each on January 1st and July 1st of every calendar year.
- Shall be carried forward subject to the maximum limit of 300 days.
If the credit is between 285-300 days, the new credit of 15 days may be kept seperate to first adjust LAP that the employee take during ensuing half year and the balance, if any, may be credited at the close of 6 months period keeping the maximum to 300.
The maximum that may be granted at a time shall be 180 days.
- 1/10 of the Extraordinary Leave availed during the previous half year is debited to the leave account.
- New entrants will be given credit of two and a half days per month of the half year in which they join. Similar credit at the rate 2 and a half per month is given in case of death/retirement.
· 1. Chapter 5 of Indian Railway Establishment Code.