Job Profile of SSE (Signal & Tele)
- SSE S&T is a supervisor in signal and telecommunication department of Railways.
- SSE can be posted either station or Production Units.
- If posted in a station he will be in charge of the signalling installations of the station or stations.
- He will have technicians under him to actually do the job.
- Normally he will have a few small stations of a section under him, which means he has to travel to these stations.
Career path :
Assistant Signal and Telecommunication Engineer(Gaz.) ->
Divisional Signal and Telecommunication Engineer ->
Senor Divisional Signal and Telecommunication Engineer.
Degree in Electrical /Electronics /Telecommunication Engineering.
Selection Process : Written Examination and Document Verification.
Salary and other perks(i)Pay Scale9300-34800(ii)Grade Pay4600(iii)Initial Pay12540(iv)Total Pay (i) + (ii )17140
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence cant be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include :
DA on Total Pay aboveTransport AllowanceHouse Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.