Job Profile Of Health & Malaria Inspector (HI)
- Health and Malaria Inspector normally work in big railway stations or under a Railway Hospital.
- Duties of HI are supervisory in nature and there will no night shift. He will supervise cleanliness of station and sanitation. He will have staff working under him for cleaning, sanitation. He will have to collect water samples and send lab for testing. Malaria related duties previously assigned on HI are almost gone.
Recruitment (Ref 1)
- 75% of vacancies of Health and Malaria Inspector are filled by direct recruitment through Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB).
- 25% of vacancies are filled by promotion by selection from serving employees of Medical Department possessing qualification prescribed as below.
Qualification needed for RRB Recruitment of HI
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) plus (a) One year Diploma of Health/Sanitary Inspector; OR (b) One year National Trade Certificate (NTC) in Health Sanitary Inspector awarded by National Council for Vocational Training, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, New Delhi. (Ref 1)
- Health Inspector ->
- Chief Health Inspector ->
- Assistant Health Officer (Group B)
- Written Examination by RRB
- Document Verification
- Medical test
No on job training available for HI&MI.
Salary and other perks
- (i) Pay Scale 9300-34800
- (ii) Grade Pay 4200
- (iii) Initial Pay 9300
- (iv) Total Pay (i) + (ii ) 13500
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence cant be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include :
- DA on Total Pay above
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.
- 1. Rule 163 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual Chapter I