- To fill up 25% of net direct recruitment vacancies for which indents are otherwise required to be placed before RRB.
- Regular railway employees irrespective of department possessing qualification for direct recruitment in RRB shall be eligible to appear GDCE. Only employees lower than in grade for which LDCE is held can apply.
- Maximum age limit of 40 for general candidates and 45 for SC/ST.
- Written test and panel formed strictly as per order of merit.
- Standard of examination will be same as that of RRB.
- Seniority in the cadres will be same as that applicable for direct recruitment.
Pay Fixation in case of Running staff
- Pay element of Running allowance will not be considered for the purpose of fixation of pay of running staff on their appointment to the posts under GDCE.#