Forwarding of Job Application of Railway staff
- Railway employees seeking employment in private/public bodies or government departments or even other departments of Railways must submit their application through proper channel. Submit the application along with all the relevant details to the personnel officer concerned (DPO).
- Normally applications for shall be forwarded except in cases where it is not in the public interest to do so.
- Application of those who have received training at Railway’s cost or technical officials applying for non-technical posts maybe withheld at the discretion of Competent authority.
- Railway employees may be allowed to register their names in the employment exchanges for higher posts.
- For application to private enterprises the staff must offer to resign before it is forwarded.
- Application for posts abroad may be forwarded with prior permission of cadre controlling authority.
- Employee may send advance copies subject to confirmation/withdrawal letter.
- Application may be forwarded not more than 4 times a year. Applications to UPSC advertisements and for higher posts by RRB will not be counted in this 4.
- When Railway employee tender resignation which is accepted while retaining his lien in the Railway his leave credit may also be transferred to the new employer.
Clarification regarding forwarding of application and relieving for posts outside Railways (Ref 3)
- An application in response to advertised post outside the Railways like to that of Departments outside the Government of India or under a State Government, shall not ordinarily be refused unless the head of the office or the department in which he is employed considers that the grant of permission would not be consistent with the interest of the public service .
- The competent authority should interpret the term “public interest” strictly subject to the condition that forwarding of application should be the rule rather than the exception.
- Cadre controlling authorities would consider each case from the point of view whether the Railway servant could be spared or not, no other general condition should be applied in taking a decision in the case.
- The compliance of above instructions may also be ensured to enable Railway Technical Staff (Senior Supervisors & Supervisors ) working in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and S&T Departments to get exposure of working outside the Railways on deputation basis or otherwise and improve their performance/knowledge on return to parent Department.
- Para 244 of Indian Railway Establishment Code (IREC), Volume-I
- Para 1401 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual (IREM), Volume-I
- Railway Board Letter No: E(NG)I-2012/AP/1 dated 06.02.2013 (RBE No: 10/2013)