Skip to Content

Forwarding of Job Application of Railway staff

Printer-friendly version
  • Railway employees seeking employment in private/public bodies or government departments or even other departments of Railways must submit their application through proper channel. Submit the application along with all the relevant details to the personnel officer concerned (DPO). 
  • Normally applications for shall be forwarded except in cases where it is not in the public interest to do so.
  • Application of those who have received training at Railway’s cost or technical officials  applying for non-technical posts maybe withheld at the discretion of Competent authority.
  • Railway employees may be allowed to register their names in the employment exchanges for higher posts.
  • For application to private enterprises the staff must offer to resign before it is forwarded.
  • Application for posts abroad may be forwarded with prior permission of cadre controlling authority.
  • Employee may send advance copies subject to confirmation/withdrawal letter.
  • Application may be forwarded not more than 4 times a year. Applications to UPSC advertisements and for higher posts by RRB will not be counted in this 4.
  • When Railway employee tender resignation which is accepted while retaining his lien in the Railway his leave credit may also be transferred to the new employer.

Clarification regarding forwarding of application and relieving for posts outside Railways (Ref 3)

  • An application in response to advertised post outside the Railways like to that of Departments outside the Government of India or under a State Government, shall not ordinarily be refused unless the head of the office or the department in which he is employed considers that the grant of permission would not be consistent with the interest of the public service .
  • The competent authority should interpret the term “public interest” strictly subject to the condition that forwarding of application should be the rule rather than the exception.
  • Cadre controlling authorities would consider each case from the point of view whether the Railway servant could be spared or not, no other general condition should be applied in taking a decision in the case.
  • The compliance of above instructions may also be ensured to enable Railway Technical Staff (Senior Supervisors & Supervisors ) working in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and S&T Departments to get exposure of working outside the Railways on deputation basis or otherwise and improve their performance/knowledge on return to parent Department.


  1. Para 244 of Indian Railway Establishment Code (IREC), Volume-I
  2. Para 1401 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual (IREM), Volume-I
  3. Railway Board Letter No: E(NG)I-2012/AP/1 dated 06.02.2013 (RBE No: 10/2013)


i am balaji and my dad passed

i am balaji and my dad passed away on the same date where i didnt attend one exam (only one subject) in BE so i have to reappear for that one subject on Nov2014, can apply for job on compassionate ground as BE? What are the procedure to be followed?

Yes, you can apply for the

Yes, you can apply for the job after your results in the DRM,s office where your father last worked.

sir during training if i am

sir during training if i am selected to other govt jobs can i leave the training and go.

Yes, but in case you have

Yes, but in case you have given a bond you have to follw the conditions of the bond.

Dear Sir My name sanjay kumar

Dear Sir

My name sanjay kumar sharma worked as a ALP - Fl DOJ - 1st June 2013. i have diploma in mechanical and good knowledge of software ( SAP - MM & SD Module ). and Maintenance . i am interested in technical field so can u guide for me , how can i change my profile so my knowledge use .


sanjay sharma

mai point man hau mere koi

mai point man hau mere koi bhi bachaa nahi hai mene apne bhai ke bachee ko ladka bana rakha hai aur mai vrs lena chahata hau toh mere bachee ko naukri kaise mil sakti hai aur mai railway ki saree term or condition mai aa raha hau par mai naukri apne banayee jayee ladke ko dena chahata hau

is mai  document kya lagege mujhe suggest kijiyee

kyoki mujhee pata chala hai ki ek rule railway ka hai agar kisi employee ko bachhe nahi hai toh vah apni margi se parivar ke ek sadash ko naukri de sakta hai

thank you

Eisa koi rule nahi hai

Eisa koi rule nahi haifrown

Respected sir ,              

Respected sir ,

                             What is the advantage of institute of rail transport diploma conduct by railway board for the railway man . 

Dear sir i have been

Dear sir
i have been working in railways for 8 years as tech/C&W. Now i am selected first stage exam of NTGC. I have not taken NOC yet. The 2nd stage exam Will commenced next month so can i get NOC now. Please tell me sir.

Sir, i want to know job

Sir, i want to know job profile of chief deport material dupperitendent.

  Respected Sir/Madam, I am


Respected Sir/Madam,

I am working as a Nursing Sister in SC Railway since 16 yrs. Sir I wish to work on deputation basis in other railway companies e.g. IRCON India International in India or abroad. Kindly guide me on this subject.


Whenever these companies call

Whenever these companies call for vacancies on deputation the addvise comes to Zonal Railways and they in turn advise field units for volunteers. You can apply only if they ask for deputation. 

Sir i was appointed in DIESEL

Sir i was appointed in DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORK  but i became seriously ill and i resigned from DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORK. Now I want to join again.Is there any rule for joining again?

Sir please help me.

Unfortunately there are no

Unfortunately there are no rules to rejoin.

if you are sick during that

if you are sick during that period, please produce sickness certificate issued by any govt hospital, at your office where you have posted.

Sir, I am Sr TE (GP2400) in


I am Sr TE (GP2400) in DLI Division, Northern Railway. I have intimated and applied for NOC for SSC Examination last year(2011) but there was an DAR pending against me so process of getting NOC was stopped. as now if the charge against me is not proved , Can i get that NOC again  as I have cleared SSC examination and got selected for Grade Pay 4600. for this, I need to apply for Technical Resignation. I want to know , is there any minimum time period for applying Technical Resignation ,and if no then what is the minimum time to get my Discharge Certificate so that I can apply for extention for joining in GP 4600.

thanks and Regards Sir.

If the DAR is over now you

If the DAR is over now you can apply for NOC. There is no prescribed time limit for discharge. Time can vary according to individual cases .

I had completed 15 yrs

I had completed 15 yrs service in rlys,I want to join psu.After resign can I get retirement benefits incl.pension?

20 years minimum service is

20 years minimum service is needed to get pension.

sir, i am  group  d 


i am  group  d  employee    

forwarding  job application for  changing  department( commericial)  so

how many months for  changing  department?     i completed    pg

Sir, i have joined in SR as

Sir, i have joined in SR as JE in march2012 and undergoing apprentice training.  After joining, RRB notification for SSE has came.  I had submitted my application to the WPO for forwarding my application to RRB.  But they returned my application in the month of july 2012 mentioning that in training their is no provision to forward the application.  Sir , I want to know that forwarding of application is applicable to apprentice or not?  Thank you sir.

if you applied the higher

if you applied the higher post through proper channel, you are under training (apprentice) also, they have to forward your application, condition: you should indicate your necessary qualification for higher post in the previous post itself.

You dont strictly come under

You dont strictly come under the term "employee". In any case get in writing what they say. You can produce it at the time of relieving.

Sir, i planned to write PSU

Sir, i planned to write PSU exam on next month...? I want to do the things in proper way...But i dont know what to do now, because already my application rejected by WPO for RRB exam itself... Pls guide me to tackle this situation... thank you sir.

My dear freind, write the

My dear freind, write the exam. Send the form without forwarding. You will be relieved in case of PSU.

Sorry for continuous

Sorry for continuous queries.  Sir, whether without getting permission & giving intimation about writing an exam after joining in railway as Apprentice JE will comes under suppression of facts..?  If I do so, whether i was relived properly when i got opportunity in PSU/govt sector.

Thank you sir.

Dear sir, Currently i am

Dear sir,

Currently i am under apprentice training of SSE pway in Udaipur.I want to apply for govt autonomous institute for plasma research which is under Department of atomic energy. Is it necessary  during apprentice training to get NOC. Railway provide NOC during training or not?  what is the exact procedure to get NOC if required during training?


Thank You

For NOC apply to DPO

For NOC apply to DPO concerned.

ongc exam date changed from

ongc exam date changed from 7th oct to 4th nov..... better luck next time.

I have appointed as sse after

I have appointed as sse after 8 yrs of service in railway .Old basic is 11950 & new basic is 12540 .Whether i can get travelling allowance and HRA by new basic or i have to opt old basic plz suggest whichever is beneficial.My grade pay is 4600 in both post.

If you chose to get pay in

If you chose to get pay in old scale you will get TA. Otherwise you will get only stipend in the new pay.

I have joined as a sse in mas

I have joined as a sse in mas div after 8 yrs of service as station master by rrb selection,after technical resignation to sm post.I have taken 4 days to join new post , whether this 4 days will considered as joining time or as CL . As i am having 6 days CL balance .

Sir is there any GM quota for


is there any GM quota for recruitment of poor candidates in railways. 

hi sudhir. i also want to

hi sudhir. i also want to know about gm quota . i have also heard about this

There is no such quota. But

There is no such quota. But GM can appoint Casual labours on daily wages.

To protect against spam we limit the Comments only for the registerd users. Please register  or loginThank you for your understanding.

Book navigation

Custom Search