Two subsystems RMS & TMS already in use after trials and validation. Rake Management System (RMS) handles the operation potion and Terminal Management System (TMS) pertains to commercial transactions.
- Rake Management System (RMS) – RMS covers computerisation of various operational functions relating to Yard and Freight train operations.
- Rake based consignments tracking and pipeline.
- Intelligent terminals will be placed at field locations to capture data from place of activities ie, Control offices, yards, goods sheds, Carriage and Wagon depots, Loco sheds etc.
- These terminals are connected to application server at CRIS office at Zonal Headquarters through reliable communication links for transaction processing.
- Stock holding in terms of summary of wagon types.
- Train and stock interchange.
- Terminal handling performance.
- Loco holding, outage and power on line.
- Reporting to take care of Train/load on summary basis.
- Invoice based consignment tracking.
- Wagon wise stock holding.
- Wagons wise interchange.
- Missing wagons/Wrongly delivered wagons.
- Invoice based loading, originating tonnage and revenue.
- Control charting of trains will also be integrated with FOIS.
- TMS relates to computerization of different activities pertaining to Goods shed working.
- Computerised booking and delivery of consignments.
- Station Accounting.
- RR generation and transmission.
- Improved customer interface.
- TMS seeks to achieve the following:
- Link the stock demand captured and handled by RMS to wagon based booking particulars in real time to further optimize tracking of consignments and day to day supply of wagons.
- Keep an account of goods and freight between booking and destination stations through data captured in real time.
- e-payment of freight and other charges by customers to Railways’ account.
Subsystems in development include:
Yard Management System
- Terminals in the yard will provide information regarding expected arrival of trains along with detailed consists of train with particulars like the destination, commodity loaded, whether explosive or not, whether it can be loose shunted or not etc.
- As soon as the train arrives in the yard actual sequence of wagons will be cross checked and corrections if any made.
- System will also prepare the cut-lists and humping memo according to the prescribed marshaling orders and nominations of sorting lines.
- The system will have the road position of the yard at any moment.
- After re-formation when the train is ordered and ready for despatch, its consists and departure time will be entered. This will also apply to the bypassing trains.
- They system will have all the information regarding locos and wagons at any point of time.
- It will also provide relevant statistics regarding detention to locos and wagons, sick marking etc.
Terminal Management System
- System will generate Railway Receipts(RR).
- Calculation of freight and other charges will be done automatically by the system.
- Goods shed not having terminals will prepare RR manually as at present and the details will be entered later into the system.
- Forwarding notes and wagon registration will be done in the system. Delivery of consignments, inventory of consignments and calculation of Wharfage and Demurrage charges will also be done by the system.
Locomotive Repair Management System (LRS)
- LRS will cover all BG Electric and Diesel locomotives working Passenger, Freight trains and Shunting Engines.
- The system will have a performance and maintenance history of locomotives and their sub-assemblies. It will maintain records of laboratory testing of fuels and lubricating oils, and cooling water for Diesel locomotives and compare successive testing results.
- It will include a stores inventory system for locomotive store depots.
- They system will analyse lubricating and fuel oil consumption of Diesel locos.
Wagon Repair Management System
- System will maintain a record of work performed in the yard and sick lines, including a gangwise analysis of work performed.
- It will record the defect details of wagons marked sick and record the defects attended without sick marking.
- It will maintain inventory of stocks wagon depots, print items in short supply or out of stock and monitor the implementation of modifications required to be made on wagons.
Crew Management System (CMS)
- System will provide information regarding crew at all times. It will provide at any time availability of crew at headquarters and outstation. The system will assign crews to trains with a view to optimal and effective utilization of crew.
- It will maintain information regarding periodic and other rests, Road learning, Traction knowledge, Traction scheduling, Periodic Medical Examination Details(PME), DAR Action, Refresher/Promotional course details etc. They stem will monitor implementation of 10 hour Rule and schedule the Periodic Rest of crews.
- CMS will monitor the productivity of crew by calculating the total hours of duty performed, total kilometers earned by each staff. It will also monitor acts of malingering and excessive leave, absenteeism etc.
Fuel Management System(FMS)
- FMS will monitor fuel stocks(HSD and lubricating oil) at fuelling points.
- It will maintain a record of receipts, issues and losses at fuelling points.
- It will also have provision to analyse fuel consumption driver-wise.
Freight Revenue Accountal System (FRAS)
- This is a comprehensive system for collection, Accountal and remittance of freight earnings by stations.
- System will incorporate software for calculation and collection of charges siding, crane charges, maintenance of goods outward booking and delivery books. Station balance sheets also will be prepared by the system. As such thenumber of checks at the Traffic Accounts Office will be less.
Safety Management System (SMS)
- This will keep a record of all accidents fo analysis purpose.
- This will be an offline system.
- It will monitor progress of accident enquiries and compliance of inspection schedules and their follow up. Safety record of staff also will be maintained in the system.
- System will monitor inspection schedules of Accident Relief Trains (ART) and Medical Vans and record shortcomings noticed.
Statistical System (SS)
- Statistical System will extract relevant data from all the other subsystems and consolidate for statistical purpose with inputs from Zonal and Central System where necessary to produce offline reports in various areas such as Yards, commodity and revenue statistics, detention to stocks, accidents, rolling stock (locomotives and wagons) and fuel and lubricating oils.
Empty Wagon Distribution System
- FOIS will have details of registration of wagons and requirement of empties at any point of time. Movement Instructions as desired by the Management as per the policy guidelines will be updated and System will assign empties supply of various types of wagons to different loading points.
- Supply of empties will be regulated keeping in view the Movement Instructions as well as availability of wagons according to the flow in pipe-line.
- Thus whenever the status of a wagon changes from loaded to empty FOIS will assign automatically it to the next loading point. This will ensure minimum empty haulage and optimum utilization of wagons.
- The system will have a provision for authorized operating officers to override the arrangements made by the computer if need arises for same.