Fixation of Pay on Promotion
- On promotion an employee will get one increment equal to three per cent of his basic pay (Pay in the pay band + Grade pay).
- The increment amount will be added to the existing pay in the pay band. The Grade pay corresponding to the promotion post will be added to the pay in the pay band.
- Fixation of pay on promotion under CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008, an employee has been promoted or upgraded to higher grade pay (MACP) have to submit an option form within one month.
- Employee has an option to get his pay fixed in the higher post either from the date of his promotion, or from date of his next increment.
- Those who get their promotion between 2nd Jan and 30th June will get the additional benefit of one annual increment in the ACP/Promotion year itself, if they opt to defer their pay fixation for promotion to next grade to 1st July of the year at the loss of fixation benefit from promotion month to July of that year. This onetime loss will be very minimal while comparing long term benefit we get out of addition of one more increment in the year. Anyway, this onetime loss has also been minimized to the extent possible as the grade pay gets revised on the date of ACP/Promotion though the employee defer increment to July.