Family for Passes
- Wife/Husband whether earning or not.
- son or sons under 21 years who are wholly dependent.
- son or sons of the age of 21 and above who are;
- bona fide students of any recognized educational institution;
- engaged in any research work and do not get any scholarship/stipend;
- working as an articled clerk under the Chartered Accountant;*
- invalid, on appropriate certificate from Railway Doctor;
- Unmarried daughters of any age- earning or not.
- Widowed daughters when wholly dependent.
- Stepsons and unmarried stepdaughters.
- Legally divorced sister.
Following Dependent relatives eligible when father is not alive:
- Widowed mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Railway Employee.
- Unmarried/Divorced sister of the Railway Employee.
- Brothers below 21 years. Age limit does not apply in case of bona fide student, research scholars etc.
- Wholly dependent means whose monthly income from whole sources, including pension, dearness pay and dearness relief does not exceed Rs.3500 per month plus appropriate dearness relief or 15% of pay, whichever is more.
- In case of issuance of Privilege pass in case of a Railway employee along with family including dependent son, who is neither a scholar nor invalid and is about to complete 21 years of age during the validity of Privilege pass, the pass may be issued in the following manner:
(i) Privilege pass may be issued in favour of the Railway employee with validity period upto the date preceding the date on which the son will be attaining the age of 21 years.
(ii) Privilege pass may be issued with validity of full 4 months excluding the name of the son of the employee.
- Unmarried daughter of a Railway employee working in Railways has to submit a declaration stating whether she will avail pass/PTO in her account or her parents account. The option may be changed at any time provided competent authority is satisfied that the change does not give undue advantage to her.
- Passes may be issued to both husband an wife when both are Railway employees.
* R.B. No. E/W/72/PS-5-1/4 of 20.09.1973