Extraordinary Leave (ExL)
- Granted to a Railway employee when (i) no other leave is due or (ii) the employee specifically applies for it.
- No Leave salary.
- Can be combined with other leaves.
- Any kind of leave may be converted to it or it may be converted to any other leave retrospectively by the competent authority.
- Not debited to Leave account.
- Not exceeding 5 years at a stretch for permanent and 3 months for temporary(6 months with Medical certificate) Railway employees .
- Temporary Railway employees suffering from Leprosy, TB, Cancer may be granted Upto 18 months.