Entitlements of Passes/PTOs
Entitlements of Passes/PTOs in respect of railway servants drawing pay in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.
|Category||Privilege Pass & PTO||Duty Pass|
|Gazetted Officers A & B||Ist Class 'A' Pass||Ist Class 'A' Pass|
|GP Rs.4200/- and above||Ist Class Pass||Ist Class Pass|
|GP Rs.2800/-||IInd Class 'A' Pass*||IInd Class 'A' Pass*|
|In GPRs.1900/- and above but below Rs.2,800/-||One IInd Class 'A' Pass* in a year, remaining passes and PTOs of Second/Sleeper Class.||IInd Class 'A' Pass*|
|GP Rs. 1800||One IInd Class 'A' Pass* in a year, remaining passes and PTOs of Second/Sleeper Class.||Second / Sleeper Class Pass|
Holder of IInd Class, 'A' pass shall be entitled to travel by AC-3 tier class in trains other than Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto Exp. trains. IInd Class 'A' Pass is of yellow colour.
- The Railway employees who are already entitled to 1st Class Passes, shall continue to draw 1st Class Passes, irrespective of their eligibility in terms of these orders.
- Grade Pay granted under the MACP Scheme will be taken into account for eligibility of pass. (Ref 6) However a railway staff after allotment of higher GP through MACP is not eligible to draw higher class of pass as per pre-revised entitlements. (Ref 7)
Number of passes
Gazetted Officers A & B
6 sets per year
Gr C & D
First 5 years
1 sets per year
After 5 years
3 sets per year
Entitlement of Pass/PTO in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Garib Duronto Exp.
Rajdhani Express (First Class Pass holders)
On duty : One berth in 3 AC
On Privilege Pass/PTO/Post Retirement Pass : One berth in 2 AC or Two berths in 3 AC.
Shatabdi Express (First Class Pass holders)
On duty : One seat in AC Chair Car
On Privilege Pass/PTO/Post Retirement Pass : Two seats in AC Chair Car
Jan Shatabdi Express
I/I A Pass
· Can travel in Chair Car same as in Shatabdi Express.
· Attendant in Iind class.
· Widow/Post retirement pass holder above 65 years can take a companion as per rules.
Garib Rath Express
· All I/I ‘A’/II ‘A’ Passes to serving and retired Railway employees are valid. Attendant not permitted.
Duranto Express Trains
Booking of berths/seats in Duranto Express Trains is permitted for serving/retired Railway servants on Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes on the pattern of Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express Trains. (Ref 3)
50% of the Duty Pass quota in Duranto Express trains in Sleeper and 2S will be earmarked at the counter for booking on first-come-first-served basis whereas remaining 50% will be treated as Emergency quota. (Ref 4)
Second Class ‘A’ passes are valid for travel in SL and 2S classes of Duranto Express trains. Second/Sleeper class passes are valid for travel in 2S class of Duranto Express trains. (Ref 5)
The maximum number of berth/seats to be booked against Second Class/ Second Class ‘A’ passes maybe restricted to 4 per pass. (Ref 5)
1. Railway Board Letter No: PC-VI No.244/2011 dated 6.01.2011(RBE No.03/2011)
2. Railway Board Letter No: No. E(W)2008/PS 5-1/38
6. Railway Board’s letter No. PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated 12.01.2011 (RBE No. 06/2011)
7. Railway Board’s letter No. E(W)2011/PS 5-1/6 dated 09/12/2011