Control Office Application (COA)
- Control Office Application (COA) is comprehensive software for the automation of Control Charting at a railway divisional control office.
- COA is intended to replace the tedious manual plotting of running trains on a chart.
- The core functionality of the control charting with ergonomics is intended to provide the Traffic Controllers good look-and-feel and user-friendly work environment.
- The integration with allied systems like FOIS, NTES and COIS will be facilitated through a Central Application Server at CRIS in future.
- The flow of data on real time basis to adjoining divisions will mark a significant breakthrough in the train operations without dependency on human interference.
- The application will have interfacing capability with Data Logger to capture data pertaining to train movements in the final version of the product.
Benefits of COA
- Better planning and decision-making in train operations.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- Fully Automated work environment.
- Aid to the controller in terms of efficiency, precision & time management.
- Leverage to Controller's Experience in decision making through manual forecast.
- Real time information on train operation without human dependence.
- Backbone system for sharing of data between allied systems.
Functionalities of COA
- Train Ordering
- Maintain Train Information
- Manage Train Movement (Abnormal Working, Stabling, Banker Movement)
- Report Unusual Occurrences.
- Management of Maintenance Blocks
- Caution Orders
- Plot Graph.
- Advance Plotting _ System / Manual
- Maintain referential data
- MIS Reports
- Yard Management Siding
- Miscellaneous Functions
- View Station Layout
- Operation Managers
- Train Controllers
- Key functionaries of sister departments.