Confirmation and Lien
- A Railway employeee who has successfully completed probation may be considered for confirmation.
- For all new recruits there will be a 12 months probation period.
- Where initial training period is prescribed such as Traffic Apprentice,Appretice JE etc. probation period will be completion of training.
- Appointee should satisfactorily complete probation period.
- Confiramtion will be done only after employee si examined fit including medical and departmental exams.
- Staff undergoing penalty may be confirmed from due date, but order of confirmation will be issued only after cessation of penalty. But if Suspension period is considered as Suspension period no confirmation shall be done during the period of suspension.
- Erroneous confirmation can be rescinded only with the orders of General Manager.
- A decision to retain the employee in higher grade or to lower grade should be taken and implemented within 6 months of date of completion of probation.
- Right/Title of a Railway employee to hold a regular post, including a tenure post to which he has been appointed substantially.
- One acquires a Lien as soon as he is appointed to a post substantially and retains it even during leave, joining time , suspension or Foreign service.
- Lien is suspended when Railway employee is appointed to another post sustantivelyor to foreign service from where he is not likely to return for 3 years.
- Junior most in the grade is liable to be reverted to lower grade if any time number of persons entitled for lien is more than the available posts.
- Lien on apost may under no circumstances be terminated even with the consent of the employee if the result will be to leave him without a Lien or a suspended Lien.