Combination of appointments and Dual Charge Allowance
- An officer may be required to hold charge of a post in addition to his own post.
- In such case in addition to his own pay he shall be entitled Dual Charge Allowance for additional post for a period of 6 months. • He may also draw sumptuary allowance of the post.
- No additional payment if one is put to hold current charge of duties only. • Entitled for TA/DA for staying at the place of additional post.
- Additional post may be of higher /equal/lower status.
- GM has powers to make Dual Charge arrangements and compensatory payment upto JA Grade for 6 months and upto SA grade for 3 months, beyond which permission of Railway Board has to be obtained.
- Prior approval of Railway Board is necessary for Dual Charge arrangement for Chief Medical Director.
- Dual Charge Allowance will be 10% of Pay subject to the limit that Pay plus Dual Charge Allowance shall not be more than Rs. 39000/-