(See Rule 14 )
POWERS OF THE GENERAL MANAGERS TO CONDONE IRREGULARITIES
Except in cases of transfer and settlement passes issued to Railway servants, General Managers may condone the irregularities in the cases enumerated below. These powers should not be re-delegated to any lower authority.
1. Issue of higher class of Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders under misinterpretation of the extant rules.
2. Excess issue of Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders during a year.
3. Issue of more than one set of Passes before completion of five years service.
4. Inclusion of more than five members in a Pass/Privilege Ticket Orders when a dependent relative is included.
5. Inclusion of more than two dependent relatives in a Pass/Privilege Ticket Order.
6. Inclusion of sons and dependent brothers aged 21 years or over in a Pass/Privilege Ticket Order without the production of the necessary school or college certificate.
7. [ Issue of Passes for "Guardians" on school account when the son is aged 18** years or above. ]1
8. Inclusion of dependent relatives in Post-retirement Passes to retired Railway servants.
9. Inclusion of children in Post-retirement Passes to retired Class IV Railway servants.
10. Issue of Passes by a longer route.
11. [Incorrect issue of a Pass by pass issuing authority for a period exceeding one month more than the Advanced Reservation period, in general, and its use by a Railway servant or his family after the period of availability.
12. Correct issue of a Pass by the pass issuing authority for a period not exceeding one month more than the Advanced Reservation period, in general, and its use by a Railway servant or his family after the period of availability. ]2
"Note: The irregularity mentioned in item (12) above may be condoned by debiting an extra pass to the Railway servant's account.
1. Railway Board's letter No. E(W)96 PS 5-1/30 dated 17.8.2001 (RBE 168/2001) Advance Correction Slip No. 36
2. Railway Board's letter No. E(W)200 PS 5-1/9 dated 26.3.2012 (RBE 41/2012) Advance Correction Slip No. 73