- FOIS will have online information pertaining to basic data. Therefore information will be available from the system in real time in the form of Reports and Enquiries.
- Reports can be programmed to print at specified time at specific places like the morning operating position. Or they can be programmed to be printed automatically in select yards on the route of the train.
- Enquiries have to be made specifically as and when they are required. Enquiry results will be real time and will be same whether enquiry is made at Divisional level, Zonal Headquarters or Railway Board level. Enquiries that can be made from the system is extensive and cover the all aspects of operation.
- In addition to the above, FOIS will prepare operating and other statistics as required by the administration. Periodical or monthly statistics will be available as soon as the period/month is over.
Reports available in RMS Module
- Interchange Forecast Summary
- Running interchange – detailed view of forecast and interchange, running position of train forecasted.
- Current interchange – Summary information of interchange with breakup of empties and loaded, stock interchanged.
- Likely shortfall- Summarized view of interchange along with trains likely to shortfall.
- Stream wise pipeline – Provides pipeline between two nominated stations and also pipeline for a route.
- Traffic Flow – Likely traffic flow at interchange points upto 3 days in advance.
- Loads on run – This can be filtered with various filters like commodities, destination, rake wise.
- Outward train railwaywise
- Terminal position – total rake at terminals and insight for the terminal.
- Terminal performance – for a selected period.
- Terminal history – details of individual rakes handled at the terminal for a specified period.
- Some of the important Enquiries provided in the system include:
- Status and location of every wagons, loaded or empty, from and to, commodity loaded etc.
- Wagon marked sick
- In sight (Pipeline) figures for a particular destination or route
- Wagons requiring special handling such as ODC, QTS, perishables etc.
- Wagon balances and their breakups.
- Wagons interchanged between Railways/ Divisions etc.
- Forecasts of trains running, their expected arrivals in the yard, and work to be performed.
- Advance train consists/ vehicle guidances. Particulars of Crew on train with hours spent on duty.
- Stabled loads.
- Wagons detached/attached enroute.
- Trains run section-wise, throughput and balances left over.
- Average speed of trains.
- Details of locomotives with their last reported fuel oil levels and schedule particulars.
- Outward ordering of locomotive from a yard.
- Locos due for scheduled repairs.
- Current location etc.
- Usa ge of locos typewise area wise Zonewise., destination, detention in yard etc.
- Listing of sick wagons in a yard defect wise.
- Number of trains received/despatched and number of wagons dealt with.
- Yard line position with sequential location of wagons on lines.
- Yard wagon balance – breakup based on type of wagons, commodity, originating station.