Railway Territorial Army (TA)

• Territorial Army gives opportunity for Railwaymen to undergo military training for one month every year. In the event of a national emergency trained Railwaymen maybe called upon to meet needs of
  1. Country’s defense.
  2. Internal security.
  3. To keep Rail services uninterrupted during war and in designated areas.
  4. To help Railway administration during Railway strikes and in natural calamities like flood etc.

Benefits for the Employees on joining Territorial Army

• Period on Territorial Army training is counted as duty.
  • Training is counted as Military duty as well.
  • Territorial Army entry is open top certain essential categories of Railwaymen.
  • One month salary is paid for the training period by Army according to the Rank held in TA in addition to Railway salary.
  • The following allowances are also admissible during Territorial Army Training – Travelling Allowance to and from regiment, Overtime Allowance, Night Duty Allowance, Running Allowance.
  • Training is held in camp in semi forest like environment learning combat techniques. One month camp away from stress of your work in a green campus will rejuvenate you completely.

Eligibility

• Age : 18-42 years
  • Necessary physical fitness.

National Civil Defence College, Nagpur
National Civil Defence College, Nagpur has various courses for which Railway has reserved seats. Some of the course conducted are :

• Basic Civil Defence Course.
  • Emergency response to Rail Transport Accidents.
  • Basic Life support.
  • Auxiliary Fire Fighting.
  • Biological Incident First Response.
  • Communication.
  • Unexploded Bombs and Explosive Safety.
  • Flood/Cyclone Disaster Response.

Trainees for all courses should be medically fit and physically sound so as to pursue practical training exercises which includes extensive outdoor jobs.

Training period will be treted as duty and trainees are eligible for TA/DA.

Comments

T.N.Sunil Kumar (not verified)

Sun, 30/09/2012 - 21:56

dear sir,

i am in railway TA and when we are in camp for 34 days are we eligible for transport allowance .kindly pls clarify me with any railway circular no.

N.SRIDHAR (not verified)

Thu, 04/10/2012 - 22:31

Dear sir,
I want to apply for TA and I am presntly working IN East cost railway in waltair divison at diesel shed as a welder   Now how can i join TA. Pls guide

N.SRIDHAR (not verified)

Thu, 04/10/2012 - 22:55

Dear sir,
I want to apply for TA and I am presntly working IN East cost railway in waltair divison at diesel shed/v.s.k.p. as a welder   Now how can i join TA. Pls guide  I WAS DOING      N. C. C. in my college days now iam serving civil diffencein E.co.railway as a PART TIME  C.D.I           I was completed   EMERGENCE RESPONSE TO RAIL TRANSPORT ACCIDENTS COURSE    in N.C.D.C nagapur MY PHONE NO. 9885731118  kindly   enrole my name this time sir  iam so intrested in serve the nation through territorial army

paramjeet50

Sat, 23/11/2013 - 13:31

Sir I am graduate mechanical engineer and presently working as senior section engineer. I want know what rank I will get on joining railway regiment territorial army.

Hi sir

I am a helper of S & t deptt & i want to join Territorial army as an officer of infantry battalion (non departmental units ) which advertised by indian Territorial army every year in june/july month as a part time officer & i am fulfilled all qualification criteria which advertised ,so sir please comment as soon as possible

so sir please tell me can i join the territorial army as an officer? & can railway give the permission to join it ? & what is the process to get permission from higher authority?

HI,

MYSELF PRASHANT PASSED OUT WITH B.TECH (ELEC. ENGG).

PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT IS THE FUTURE PROCPECTS OF HAVING DIPLOMA COURSES BY IRT?WHAT BENIFITS I WILL GET AFTER DOING THIS COURSE?

THANKING YOU.

hello

mera naam dinesh kumar hain or main aapse ye puchhna chahta hoo ki apne terrotarial army ka aplicationn form kha se liya or aage ke process ke baare batane ka kast kare mera mobil no. 7417728426, 8923351658  pls rply me

Ram Bhajan Gupta

Wed, 09/09/2015 - 13:37

Sir this is ram Bhajan gupta working as shunter/aurangabad at nanded division of south central railway. Sir I have passed NCC 'C'certificate from armed squads. Sir how can I join railway territories army.please give me advice.

raghavendra j …

Wed, 28/06/2017 - 17:26

Sir I recently carried out interrailway transfer to Bangalore division from Mumbai central Division as commercial clerk I had applied for Territorial Army last year when I was at Mumbai division now call up letter had came now I'm in Bangalore division how can I go for recruitment process at Kota coz letter is addressed to western railway

Akash@260891

Mon, 26/02/2018 - 13:47

Hello Sir,

I am undergoing training for SM at ZRTI Trichy how can I join territorial Army.

Regards

Akash

Sir

I  Daneti Mahesh  Working in DLS/VSKP/ECO /RAILWAY.

•         I participated in territorial recuitment army at adra (WB)  in january dated  16/01/2018.my name was printed as D.RAMESH instead of         D.MAHESH.So in this regard i request  to please consider my plea and change my name in the proceeding list to be forwarded.kindly  process

my request as soon as possible.

my particulars are:- D.MAHESH                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         HELPER-II  (DLS/VSKP/WALTAIR/ECO RAILWAY)                                                                                                                                                                  PF NO:20125389461                                                                                                                                                                                                                         EMPLOYEE  ID:8948

THANKING YOU

Ibrahim haque

Fri, 05/10/2018 - 19:53

Sir, I am from tinsukia division working under senior section engineer electrical, simaluguri, N. F. Railway as a tech/3. Sir, since joining in railway service in 2006 I am interested for volunteer in railway territorial army but I have got no idea how to apply hence during the year 2015 one of my colleague gave me the idea how to apply through proper channel for which I have applied, sir I have achieved NCC 'B' and 'C'certifacate in 'B' grade and attended NCC Republic Day parade camp at Delhi but applying for volunteer in railway territorial army during 2015 to till date I have did'nt got any notification last 2015 to 2018. Sir please help me for volunteer in railway territorial army.