- Territorial Army gives opportunity for Railwaymen to undergo military training for one month every year. In the event of a national emergency trained Railwaymen maybe called upon to meet needs of
- Country’s defense.
- Internal security.
- To keep Rail services uninterrupted during war and in designated areas.
- To help Railway administration during Railway strikes and in natural calamities like flood etc.
Benefits for the Employees on joining Territorial Army
- Period on Territorial Army training is counted as duty.
- Training is counted as Military duty as well.
- Territorial Army entry is open top certain essential categories of Railwaymen.
- One month salary is paid for the training period by Army according to the Rank held in TA in addition to Railway salary.
- The following allowances are also admissible during Territorial Army Training – Travelling Allowance to and from regiment, Overtime Allowance, Night Duty Allowance, Running Allowance.
- Training is held in camp in semi forest like environment learning combat techniques. One month camp away from stress of your work in a green campus will rejuvenate you completely.
- Age : 18-42 years
- Necessary physical fitness.
National Civil Defence College, Nagpur
National Civil Defence College, Nagpur has various courses for which Railway has reserved seats. Some of the course conducted are :
- Basic Civil Defence Course.
- Emergency response to Rail Transport Accidents.
- Basic Life support.
- Auxiliary Fire Fighting.
- Biological Incident First Response.
- Unexploded Bombs and Explosive Safety.
- Flood/Cyclone Disaster Response.
Trainees for all courses should be medically fit and physically sound so as to pursue practical training exercises which includes extensive outdoor jobs.
Training period will be treted as duty and trainees are eligible for TA/DA.