- Holiday Homes have been set up in hill stations, sea-side resorts or other pleasant surroundings as a measure of staff amenity.
- Staff who are allotted accommodation in Holiday Homes should not be refused leave except in very emergent case.
- Where lower type of accommodation has been closed down or not available, Group 'D' staff may be allotted higher type of accommodation on payment of charges for the lower type.
- Full recovery of rent will be made if adequate advance intimation is not given after allotment of accommodation for cancellation irrespective of whether the suite is occupied or not.
- It is not permissible for officers to book accommodation in the Holiday Homes and allow friends or relatives to utilise it.
- Officers and staff of Audit Deptt. on Railways including ADAI (Railways), staff and officers of the Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments as also the Lok and Rajya Sabha Secretariats may be permitted the use of Holiday Homes after meeting the demands of the staff and officers on the Railways. The charges to be recovered will be the same as applicable to the Railway servants.
- There is no objection to the accommodation being shared with another Railway officer but the rent will be charged from the officer who reserved the accommodation.
- There is no objection to an officer's family occupying the suite allotted to the officer in case the latter is unable of accompany the family.
The charges to be recovered from officers and staff for the stay in the Holiday Homes are indicated below:
(i) Lodging charges to be recovered from staff:
|Group 'C' staff (Higher Type of accommodation)||Rs. 5 per day|
|Group 'D' staff (Lower Type of accommodation)||Rs. 2 per day|
(ii)Lump sum charges to be recovered from staff I children for organised trips to the All-Railway Holiday Homes at Pah gam/Srinagar :
|Pay slab in the IV P.C. scales||Lump sum charge per head|
|Upto Rs. 950||Rs. 50|
|Rs. 951 and upto Rs. 2,000||Rs. 75|
|Rs. 2,001 and above||Rs. 100|
(iii) Charges to be recovered from Gazetted officers :
Rs. 10 per suite per day.
(iv) Charges to be recovered from Retired Railway servents
|Group 'D'||Rs. 5 per suite per day|
|Group 'C'||Rs. 10 per suite per day|
|Officers upto and inclusive of JA Grade||Rs. 15 per suite per day|
|Officers above JA Grade||Rs. 30 per suite per day|
(v) Occupation of officers' Holiday Homes/Rest Houses by outsiders :
Rs. 500 per day per suite inclusive of all charges.
See the List of Holiday homes
For applying to a Holiday Home download the application and send to concerned officer.