No. 1/20/2011-P&PW (E) (vol.III)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan market, New Delhi,
Dated : 2nd November, 2012.
Sub : Revision of PPOs in respect of pre-2006 pensioners-meeting notice reg.
1. The undersigned is directed to refer to the minutes of the Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies (SCOVA) meeting held on 27.09.2012 and meetings of HODs of Ministries/Departments under the CPAO network, who have largest pendency of unrevised PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners and family pensioners held on 28.8.2012 and 24.9.2012 under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Pension, AR&PG). This Department’s O.M. of even number, dated 17.8.2012 and 308..2012 and- O.M. No.42/45/2012-P&PW(G), dated 10.10.2012 refer.
2. This may be recalled that in the meeting of 28.8.12, Ministry of Home Affairs agreed to reduce the pendency to less than 5000 by the end of December, 2012. Ministry of Urban Development agreed lo reduce the number to 1000 by this period. Ministry of Information & Broadcasting agreed to bring down the pendency to 50%. Other Ministries agreed that pendency figures will be reduced to less than 500 by the end of December, 2012.
3. This is for information that in the meantime, this Department has issued O.M. No.1/23/2012-P&PW(E), dated 13.9.12 regarding change in date of birth or age of family pensioner and dated 27.9.2012 on applicability of instructions regarding acceptance of date of birth/age for additional amount of family pension in the case of revision of PPOs.
4. The CGA has informed that the life certificate has been amended to include the current postal address and telephone no. of the pensioner. The CGA has also informed that the CPAO has made available to the Ministries details of all live pensioners from the electronic scrolls submitted by the Banks. The CPAO has again issued advertisement in leading national and regional dailies to co-inside with the date of submission of life certificate by pensioners.
5. It is hoped that the actions indicated in Para 3 arid 4 will facilitate revision of PPOs to a great extent. Therefore, all Ministries/Departments are requested to renew their efforts and achieve their target set for December , 2012 and under all circumstances complete the task before 31st March, 2013.