Sub: Allotment/Retention of Railway quarter to the wards of Railway employees recruited under the LARGESS Scheme on the Railways.
Ref: (1) Rly. Bd’s letter No. 2013 E(LR)II/1/17 dated 18.02.2014
(2) NFIR’s letter No. II/34/7 dated 16.08.2012 and
(3) AIRF’s letter No. AIRF/415/AIRF/116 dated 21.05.2013.
Following receipt of demands from both the Federations and meeting held by the Board with the Federations (AIRF & NFIR) on 07.02.2014, the issue of regularization of quarter for the wards of Railway employees recruited under the LARGESS Scheme on the Railways has been considered by the Board.
2. The Board, in exercise of powers vested with the full Board for making reasonable relaxations in public interest, have decided that the quarters occupied by the employees taking VRS under the LARGESS Scheme may be allowed retention of accommodation in the name of only those wards who are eligible for the same type of accommodation, and for others, the wards may be considered for a fresh allotment on out of turn basis.
3. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Director Estt. (Genl.)