Instructions have been issued vide above referred letter for allowing booking of berths/seats in Duranto Express trains by serving/retired Railway servants on Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, subject to Duty Pass quota in air conditioned accommodation on the pattern of Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express trains without any exception.
2. Since non AC accommodation i.e., SL & 2S classes are also available in Duranto Express trains, the entitlement of serving/retired/ railway servants Duranto Express trains has been reviewed.
3. After due deliberations, Board have now decided that entitlement to travel in Duranto Express trains on Second Class/Second Class ‘A’ passes will be as under:
(a) Second Class ‘A’ passes are made valid for travel in SL and 2S classes of Duranto Express trains.
(b)Second/Sleeper class passes are valid for travel in 2S class of Duranto Express trains.
(c) The maximum number of berth/seats to be booked against aforesaid passes maybe restricted to 4 per pass.
(d) Berths/seats in SL/2S classes of Duranto Express trains can also be booked against First Class/First Class ‘A’ passes like normal Mail/Express trains.
4. This information may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
5. CRIS will make necessary modification in the software under intimation to all zonal Railways and this office.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. The receipt of the letter may be acknowledged.