Increase in the rate of Stipend to Engineering Graduates/Diploma Holders under Apprentices Act, 1961
1. Please find enclosed a copy of letter No. DGET-23/(4)(3304)/2010-AP dated 08.04.2011 received from Directorate General of Employment & Training, Ministry of Labour & Employment forwarding notification regarding revision of rates of stipend for Graduate, Technician and Technician (Vocational) Apprentices under Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
2. It has accordingly been decided by the Board that the Apprentices under the category Engineering Graduates/Diploma Holders should be paid stipend with effect from 23rd March, 2011 at the revised rates as notified in the Ministry of Labour’s notification referred to above. The expenditure should be met from within the existing allotment.
3. Board’s instructions relating to raising debits to Ministry of Human Resources Development as issued vide letter No. E(MPP) 93/6/2 dated 26.07.95 will hold good in the instant case.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Directorate General of Employment & Training
New Delhi, dated: April 8, 2011
Sub:- Forwarding of notification-reg.
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of gazette notification no. G.S.R. 228(E) published on dated 23rd March 2011 in part II, section 3, sub-section (i) of the Gazette of India regarding enhancement of rates of stipend for Graduate, Technician and Technician (Vocational) apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961.
Assistant Director of Training
The Gazette of India
PART-II-Section 3-Sub-section (i)
PUBLISHED BY AUTHROITY
NEW DELHI, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23, 2011
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
(Directorate General of Employment and Training)
New Delhi, the 23rd March, 2011
G.S.R. 228(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 37 of the Apprentices Act, 1961 (52 of 1961), the Central Government, after consulting the Central Apprenticeship Council, hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Apprenticeship Rules, 1992, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Apprenticeship (Amendment) Rules, 2011.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Apprenticeship Rules, 1992, in rule 11, in sub-rule (2), for clauses (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) the entries relating thereto, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“(a) Graduate Apprentices ` 3560 per month
(b) Sandwich Course (Students from Degree Institutions) ` 2530 per month
(c) Technician Apprentices ` 2530 per month
(d) Sandwich course (Students from Diploma Institutions) ` 2070 per month
(e) Technician (Vocational) Apprentices ` 1970 per month. “
[F. No. DGET- 23(4) (3304)/2010-AP]
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India vide number G.S.R. 356, dated the 1st August, 1992 and last amended vide number G.S.R. 838(E), dated the 18th October, 2010.